***SOLD*** Mk1 NA Mazda MX-5 / Eunos Roadster S-Special 1.6 (low mileage & super clean)

Car is now SOLD.

1. The car I’m offering for sale is an [Model/Year] 1992 Eunos Roadster S-Special 1.6 manual
  2. The car is located near [Location] Rugby, Warwickshire
  3. The price is [£…] £4,300 ono
  4. General information and history… advert text is below pics
  5. Photo’s of the car [use photo upload option] see pics below

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me.

Here for sale is my gorgeous and pretty rare Eunos Roadster S-Special 1.6.

From the general overall condition to the MOT history this example has been lovingly cared for and you can tell. I searched for ages before deciding on this example. Like all Eunos Roadsters the car is a Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) model which means it comes with a bunch of extra goodies as standard UK MX5 models didn’t come with, and this being a “S-Special“ version means even more desirable kit as standard;

• Air conditioning (needs a re-gas)
  • BBS alloy wheels
  • Engine strut brace
  • Bilstein suspension
  • Limited slip differential
  • Leather steering wheel and gear shift
  • Stainless kick plates and speaker surrounds
  • S-Special foot mats

The car was dry stored between 2009 and 2019 which has helped to keep the genuine mileage low (116,000 km / 73,000 miles) and the overall condition inside and out reflects this. The car was fully recommissioned in 2019 and aside from needing a few sundries it flew through its MOT.
My S-Spec is complimented with a recent black mohair roof (not a cheap or tired vinyl one) along with a new beltline seal, and also comes with genuine optional extras like the tonneau cover and wind deflector. All four BBS wheels were refurbished just a few weeks ago to remove a couple of curb nicks and to match the cleanliness of the rest of the car. Brand new Toyo Proxes tyres have also just been fitted to all four corners. The car drives absolutely A1. The car was also MOTd on 7th Sept '20 (there were no advisories).

As can be seen in the pictures the bodywork is in fantastic condition. Clearly being a 1992 model the car isn’t brand new and there are some very minor imperfections here and there but I’m a big believer in cars being meant to be used and not used as a ‘show piece’. It’s relatively rare to find a S-Special for sale but even rarer to find one that has been so lovingly looked after and not modified / mucked about with or turbo’d. The only “mod” (if you can call it that) that’s been done is the rear fog light has been integrated into the rear O/S light cluster, so there is no fog light cut into the bumper or hanging down which tends to ruin the look IMO. This fog light install used existing wiring and is completely reversible should you wish to reinstate as the car as it lived in Japan. Everything else on the car is standard as it came from the factory.

Over the past few months I decided to go through the car with a tooth comb and replace some items that were looking a little tired with brand new OE parts;

• Steering rack gators
  • Front lower shock absorber bushes
  • Engine bay under tray
  • Door mirrors
  • Panasonic gel battery
  • Various interior & exterior clips and screws and nuts

The car really must be viewed to be fully appreciated. There aren’t many cars which are a hoot to drive, reasonably priced and also make a sound investment.

Really sad to see the car go as it has been an absolute gem to own – the next owner will not be disappointed!

£4,300 ono

Cash on collection or bank transfer only please.

3 Likes