**SOLD PENDING COLLECTION*** 2004 Mazda MX5 Mk 2.5 BBR Turbo charged LOW MILES (23,500) and big spec list

1. The car I’m offering for sale is a 2004 Mk 2.5 euphonic
  2. The car is located near Calne, Wiltshire
  3. The price is 9500 (appreciate that it’s a lot but a lot of work has gone into the car, it’s up for £10,000 on ebay)
  4. General information and history This is going to be a big write up so apologies!
    For sale is my Mk2.5 Euphonic edition MX-5 with turbocharging completed by BBR and further tuning by M Tech Automotive, in mid 2020 where it was tuned to 243 bhp & 210 fl/lb. The price reflects the condition of the car and the extensive amount of high quality additions.

It’s been garaged by previous owners and myself and has only seen rain a couple of times (including today when I took pictures typically!). I am selling her as I share a second car with my wife which I use to commute to work. She is however, about to start a new job which is further away, meaning she needs her own car. This MX5 is far too nice in my opinion to use as a daily so it’s going to have to go so we can purchase a second commuter vehicle. MOT till Feb 2022, no advisories on the last MOT. I am a paid up member of the MX5 owners club and the car is always properly allowed to warm before using any boost and cool down after use.

This car was bought totally standard by the previous owner in 2016 with 11,889 miles on the clock and he set about spending over £14,000 making into the car it is today. It has been tastefully modified, looking almost standard externally but it is far from it! It has stacks of paperwork with it including the orginal second key that still has it’s protective sleeve on and is totally unused! It was last serviced by myself in April 2021 at 22,389 miles.

I will list the car in as much detail as I can, should I have missed anything don’t hesitate to ask!

Exterior and bodywork
The exterior is largely standard and in excellent condition, there are no signs of rust and the paintwork is in excellent condition. The rear arches were replaced by the previous owner as he wanted the car to be perfect (invoices for this work present) The chassis rails do not appear to be rusted either which is a known weak spot for these. The car also had full underbody and cavity treatment when the works were carried out. It had a brand new windscreen on the 26th of August 2021 due to a chip so it’s crystal clear now. The soft top is in exceptional condition and watertight as you would expect.

Interior
Interior is in great condition, the standard heated leather seats have no rips or tears and the car still has it’s original EUPHONIC floor mats.

Engine and Drivetrain
The engine is strong (as you would expect from a 23,000 mile example!) It pulls extremely well and smoothly and doesn’t use oil. It has an uprated clutch due to the much higher level of power which is slightly heavier than a standard item as you would expect but the clutch doesn’t slip or judder having only a few thousand miles on it. Gearbox is tight and has a positive throw. No whining or odd noises! The differential is the fuji clutch plate LSD and locks up very well. It had a new front offside brake caliper in April 2021.

Modifications
Now this is obviously the bit you’re interested in! There is quite a list but all the parts that have been fitted really add to the car as an overall package and I think it’s exactly where it needs to be.

• Full turbo conversion carried out by BBR in June 2017. Including a brand new Garrett GT2560R, front mounted intercooler, cast (not welded) manifold, RX8 Yellow injectors, Typhoon K & N air intake and filter, recirc dump valve, pipework, fitting and standalone ECI (ME221), full custom 2.5 " turbo back exhaust with sports cat, uprated plugs and new timing belt, tensioner and water pump. It also had a new, uprated clutch and slave cylinder. (only ever run on super unleaded) currently tuned to 243 bhp & 210 fl/lb by Mtech in July 2020.

• Recent all round brake discs, with Yellow stuff pads. Braided hoses all round.

• Uprated 50mm core aluminum radiator with silicone hoses.

• Uprated HT leads.

• Alloy filler cap.

• Adjustable Meister R Zeta CRD suspension (these are the best fast road setup coilovers I have used).

• Uprated H & R antil roll link bars, fully adjustable.

• Davefab coolant tank

• Davefab oil catch can

• Davefab Windscreen washer relocation tank

• TR LANE full roll over bar.

• Uprated door bushes

• Front Splitter

• Front and rear uprated chassis bracing

• Carbon fibre engine bay diffuser for increased cooling perfomance.

• Japan Racing JR 11 15 x 8 wheels with Yokohama Advan AD08R semi slicks. These tyres grip exceptionally well and the wheels really compliment the look of the car. The wheels are in good/excellent condition with the odd stone chip. The tyres have plenty of tread left.

• Custom locking wheel nuts.

• Cobra alarm and immobiliser with remote fob (this cost £550 and replaces the standard remote locking).

• Boost gauge mounted in drivers air vent (no cutting of dashboard).

• Kenwood Bluetooth DAB radio, does audio over bluetooth as well as Aux in, USB in, FM tuner and DAB.

• Kenwood slimline subwoofer, this is located behind the passenger’s seat and really improves the cars audio. Anyone that has owned an MX-5 knows the speakers leave a bit to be desired so it’s a great addition.

• Personalised number plate " MX5 2 RAD". Will come with the car and would cost you the best part of a grand to buy.

This is a great car but please bear in mind It is about 17 years old so it isn’t concours ready (although not far off). Passenger test drives are welcomed if you are serious about buying the car. Payment by bank transfer due to the amounts involved. I will only be taking sensible offers. This car is unlikely to depreciate much as decent Mk2.5’s are getting harder to find and the new E10 fuel is likely to play havoc with the ones that do remain. If kept in good condition it’s value is only going to go up.

There is a good amount of service history from new and it has all the original documents, manuals and document holder from Mazda. Diff and gearbox oil were done not long ago also.

Any questions please do ask, I have tried to be as comprehensive as possible but it’s always possible I have missed something out. Mileage will rise slightly with time as until it’s sold and a new car found it will be used in dry weather. Currently has half a tank of fuel in it as well.

1. Photo’s of the car [use photo upload option]

Please use the Personal Message (PM) system to contact me. or on 07908

058563 (best to message and I can call you if you would like).

2 Likes

This is now sold and collected. Thanks for the interest!