SOLENT AREA - 8th May 2022: A short drive and day visit to Bursledon Windmill's open day

Dear All,

We have been invited to attend Bursledon Windmill’s Open Day on Sunday 8th May. For info, we moved the first Sunday of the month drive to the 8th May, to clear the Bank Holiday Weekend, so this fits in nicely with our programme :grin:

Full details are given at the following link; MX5OC Events Diary

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Yes please x 2👍

Hi Mal, In the diary and as requested by you, we’ll bring the Le Mans.
Cheers Roger

2 Likes

Sorry I can’t make this one Mal in Basingstoke at the festival of Transport for the day .it’s also the MX5 spring social Gerry

Yes please Mal.

Terry & Di down for this one please
XX

Hi Mal,

Will you please add us to your list for this event which we’re looking forward to attending.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Hi Everyone,

I have had an email from Gary, our host at Bursledon Windmill, asking for an update on numbers and also saying that he and the team are busy Lime Slaking the inside walls of the windmill in readiness for the open day👍

We currently have six cars signed up for this event, so going well so far. However, the date is looming fast but there is still time to book your car into one of the spaces on the green adjacent to the windmill. So be sure to reserve your space soonest​:wink::sunglasses:

We will have the Area Gazebo there on the day, so come along and enjoy a picnic at The Windmill for a fun day out.

Regards

Mal & Terry

Re mals post above here is a little more information

Hi Boys please can you add me to this trip,look forward to seeing you all again :grinning:
Jules

1 Like

Hi Jules,

It will be lovely to see you and your 30th Ae on the day.

Hope you and Graeme are both well and Covid free🤞

Mal :kissing_heart:

Hi Mal

Count me in for Bursledon.

Regards, Nigel

Will do Nigel👍

We would like to join you please x

Great news, Josie & Brian​:+1::+1::+1:

Dear All,

For those going to Bursledon Windmill, please see the request pasted below in Italics, from Gary (our host). I am going to dig out my old dashcam and do some trials with it to see if I can capture some footage for Gary and would welcome any input from our members attending this event.

Afternoon mal

Would you or any of the members have a recording device if so/ possible could you send me a recording of you upon your journey coming to the windmill just a project I’m working on if your happy to do so

Thank you if it’s possible and we look forward to seeing you all

Gary

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

The date is fast approaching for our visit to Bursledon Windmill, so below is the list of cars attending thus far;

1. Mal Rowland
  2. Diane & Terry Botto
  3. Roger Mead
  4. Geoff Lowe
  5. Jane Heyer
  6. Jules Matthews
  7. Nigel-558
  8. Josie & Brian
  9. Pat & Ashley Chance
  10. Larissa & John Blake

Please check the list to see if your name is on it, as I could have easily missed someone :thinking:

We are allowed a maximum of 16 cars parked up on site, so we are well on the way to this with 9 cars booked up for this event so far👍

Also, dont forget your picnic chairs and a picnic, although mobile catering will be available on site.

Due to the early arrival time requested by Bursledon Windmill and the fact we need to be parked up before the public’s arrival at 10:00am, we will meet up at at 08:45 at Sainsburys Hedge End, near the car wash (where we have met before) and drive in convoy to Bursledon Windmill, leaving Sainsburys at 09:00 or very soon after.

Bursledon Windmill Staff will be filming our arrival, so polish up your 5’s and smiles :smiley: and we look forward to seeing you all on the day for a relax and chat in the Area Gazebo and wander around the site.

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal , once parked do we have a time before we can leave if public are around ?
Thanks J x

Hi Jules,
Currently They have said 4:00pm but if you have a specific time you want to be away, I can ask Gary if I van walk in front of your cat and clear the way for you to get through safely.
Hugs
Mal x

Mal

Please add 2 names to your list for the trip to the windmill

Thanks

Ashley & Pat Chance