SOLENT AREA - A drive and visit to The Richmond Arms, West Ashling, Near Chichester on Wednesday 21st September 2022

Dear All,

Serena and I are now back from a wonderful long weekend in Dorset and whilst away I had a reply to my email enquiry to The Richmond Arms, West Ashling, for evening supper.

Dom (Mine Host) has put us in his calendar and we are all set for this one :+1:

The evenings are now drawing in rapidly, so the details for this drive are;

Start/Rendevous Point: Costa Coffee, Hambledon Road, Waterlooville. PO7 7FG
Arrival Time at Costa:18:30

Departure Time: 19:00

Destination Point: The Richmond Arms, West Ashling Road, Chichester. PO18 8EA

Arrival time at venue: 19:45 approx

Below is the Main Menu for you to choose from and there will be a Specials Menu also, which I will post, once Dom has agreed this with his Chef.

SPECIALS CHOICES

Moules Marniere with Bread (Small or Large) £8/£16
Char Grilled Fish Burger with Lemon & Herb Mayonniase, wiith Richmond Potatoes £16
Pan Fried Sea Bream, Champ Mash , Creamed Leeks & Crispy Bacon £18.50
Crispy Pork Belly with Roasted Root Veg, Spinnach, Honey and Soya dressing £19.50*
The pork belly price is what it previously was on the special for, although this could have been a different dish/accompaniments so is only an indication - but I strongly suspect it will be that price.

NB: Please let me know your meal choices by close of day today and 18:00 at the latest to avoid dissapointment, via this thread, so I can capture them to pass to the venue ready for tomorrows drtive and event.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi again everyone,

Please find below the drive directions for the 21st Sept Richmond Arms visit.

Please print off, as desired and we look forward to seeing you all at the rendevous point.

Attendees for The Richmond Arms;

1. Mal
  2. Jo & Colin
  3. Esther & Max
  4. Clare & Tug - will drive straight to venue
  5. Steve Carter
  6. Nigel-558

Regards

Mal

Sounds good!
Esther and I are off that week so will see what’s going on
Max

Hi Mal
Unfortunately we can’t make this one
Regards
Ash & Pat :frowning:

Hi Mal Can you add us to the list for this event please. I will forward you our menu choices once we have seen the specials.

Thanks Jo and Colin

Many thanks for the responses thus far, I have duly added those that say they are coming along to the list.

Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

For info, I have added a list of attendees for this event to Post #1 :+1:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal. We are definitely up for this one. Probably won’t make the start point but should get to the pub with no problems.
Will give our food choices once the specials have been uploaded.

Richard and Clare.

1 Like

Hi Mel

Can you add me if not too late. Crab and risotto for me please.

Thanks Steve

Hi Steve,

No problems, I will duly add your choice to the spreadsheet👍

Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,
I emailed The Richmond Arms yesterday to chase up the Specials Menu in order that members can make their meal choices soonest but no reply yet☹

I suspect I will be sent the Specials Choices tomorrow (Monday), as Chef will have finalised the Specials Menu and I will post this straight away.

Please be advised that if anyone wishes to choose something off the Specials Menu, please could they respond on the forum or email me at: solent@mx5oc.co.uk, so that I can capture the choices soonest and get them to the venue before our visit on Wednesday.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal can we please order one fishcakes and one burger.

Thanks Colin and Jo

Hi Mal

Sorry to be so late. Hope I can be added to the list. I would like to order the fishcakes.

Thanks, Nigel

Got those orders Jo, Colin & Nigel and will add them to the spreadsheet :+1:

Dom at The Richmond Arms has coome back to me today to say he is working hard to get the Specials Choices from his Chef and hopes to get it to me soonest. Failing this we might have to run with the main menu as previously given in Post#1 :slightly_smiling_face:

Additionally, I have posted a slightly better image of the menu, so members can make their choices easier. Just click on the image once to make it bigger!

Morning,

Assuming no specials come through today…

Max - burger and chips
Esther - burger and chips

Will decide on puddings on the day

Max

Specials just being posted now, as Dom has not come back to me until just now :roll_eyes:

Just got the prices in from the venue and have annotated Post#1 with these, for info.

Hi Mal. Having looked at the specials it will be 2 burgers please.
Thanks

Richard and Clare.

No worries Richard and Clare, I had already noted your orders, so you are all set👍

Hi Everyone,

The orders received have now been sent in to The Richmond Arms, so we are all set :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone wishing to join the drive tomorrow will now have to take a chance that they can get something off the Pubs Menu on the night.

I look forward to seeing you at The Rendevous Point fro the drive to The venue :sunglasses: :+1:

Best Regards

Mal