SOLENT AREA - A drive to Stourhead, Wiltshire

Hi Everyone,

I have just managed to get through to Stourhead, as their phone line was constantly saying it was closed. I spoke to a lovely lady (Sally) who said they have allocated us a parking area in the overflow parking, so we can park together in one group and not affect other visitors to Stourhead.

Sally said to enter the overflow car park and either turn immediately left or right and park up there :+1:

The drive details are as follows;

We will rendezvous at Sutton Scotney Services, A34 Northbound from 10:30 onwards.

Drive Start Time: 11:30 prompt

Arrival time: 12:45 (traffic permitting)

We will travel up the A34 to Stourhead, as this is the most expedient means to get to the venue by the alloted time.

On arrival, we will gather by our cars and have a picnic and the toilet facilities are close to hand off the main car park. However, there are also restaurant facilities at Stourhead for those that wish to have lunch and not picnic.

Admission for NT members is free but for non-members the cost is: £19/person but is well worth the cost, as its a beautiful place to visit and we hope to be there for a good amount of time.

There is also a parking fee for non- members. However, I have just contacted them again and hope to be able to obtain a group discount, to make the admission fee more palatable and if this comes to fruition, I will update this post with the information.

Great news: Gill at Stourhead has come back and said if we reach 15 cars or more, the admission fee will be reduced to the group rate of £15.20/person - so lets see if we can achieve 15 MX5’s for the Stourhead Run

To this end I have added an AttendeesList below this post, in order to capture our numbers;

On departure from Stourhead, Serena and I will most probably return via a more scenic route and members are free to choose their own route to return home via.

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Attendees List;
Car #1 - Mal & Serena
Car #2 - Terry & Diane
Car #3 - Ron & Angie
Car #4 - Val & Bob
Car #5 - Colin & Blue
Car #6 - Sheila & Graham
Car #7 - Sandra & Kevin
Car #8 - Trudy & Gerry
Car #9 -
Car #10 -
Car #11 -
Car #12 -
Car #13 -
Car #14 -
Car #15 -

Morning Mal,

See you at Sutton Scotney on Sunday :+1::sunglasses:

Regards,
Ron & Angela

1 Like

Great news, many thanks. Mal

Hi Mal. As Stourhead is now dog friendly all year, I’ll be joining you on Sunday.
Colin.

1 Like

Hi Mal, sorry can not make this one,prior commitments have a great time all
H&J

Sorry you cannot make it but hope to catch up soon. Regards Mal :wink:

Hi Mal see you Sunday, regards ob

Hi Mal, could you put Kevin and me down for this please?
Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Sheila and I would like to join you tomorrow as the weather is still looking good :sunglasses:

Hopefully we’ll meet up with you all at Sutton Scotney Services, but if not, see you at Stourhead.

I see in an earlier message you said continue on the A34 to Stourhead, but I guess you meant the A303 :wink:

Think I’ll give Stourhead a call and see if we might be able to hire one of their Trampers or a Wheelchair Trike for Sheila.

Best Regards,
Graham & Sheila

Hi Graham,

It will be great to have you and Sheila along got the Stourhead Run. Yes, I meant the A34 but forgot to mention that we hang a left and go up the A303 to Wiltshire🙄

We look forward to seeing you both at Sutton Scotney Services tomorrow👍

Best Regards

Mal