SOLENT AREA - A visit & tour on 5th November to The Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery, Laverstoke, Hampshire

Hi Everyone,

As promised, we are returning to The Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery on Sunday 5th November for one of their Superb Tours, which I was amazed to find, we last did prior to the Pandemic in 2015 - it is surprising how that time has absolutely flown by :scream:

We can gaurantee that you will not be dissapointed with this visit and there is a sampling session at the end and carry out bags for the drivers to have a tipple - once safely home :grinning:

I have been in contact with Penny Hayes, our point of contact for this visit and she has confirmed this morning that all is good for our visit , with the following points to note;

a) The reservation is for 20 people maximum as decreed by the distillery, so this event will be run strictly on a first come first served basis!

b) The cost for this visit is £17/person and payment to The Bombay Sapphire Distillery needs to be made no later than one week prior to our visit, so 27th October.

To this end, payments can be made to my PayPal Acoount: malrowland21@gmail.com as per previous drives and events and we will run the usual spreadsheet to capture names and payments.

c) Penny has stressed that it is very important that we arrive and are ready to begin the tour on time at 12:15 prompt, otherwise remining tours that day will be adversely affected.

Please rely to this post soonest and by no later than 26th October, so I can confirm our numbers with Penny.

NB: We no longer have a previous list of those wishing to attend this visit - so be sure to reply to this forum post only and not via Facebook.

We will start the event at The Ham Farm Harvester for breakfast before driving to Laverstoke. The address for The Ham Farm Harvester is: Twyford Rd, Eastleigh SO50 4LF

To this end, if you wish to partake in a lovely breakfast before the drive, please arrive at the Harvester at 09:00 (it opens at 09:00) and after brekky we will leave the Ham Farm Harvester prompt at 11:00am for the drive to Laverstoke.

We look forward to seeing you on the day for another great drive and event :+1:

Attendees to date:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Hi Mal, please include Val and Bob, nothing like a glass of gin with a slice of lime. Money on way to your PayPal,
Regards
Bob

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Will you please add us to your list, we’ve just sent the £34 to your PayPal account and we would also like to join you for the breakfast.

Thanks for arranging this event as we haven’t been here before so are really looking forward to it.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Please add Angela and myself to the list.

Looking forward to this run, as we’ve not been there before :yum:!

Money on its way after this.

Regards,

Ron & Angela

1 Like

Hi Mal
Can you add us to will transfer monies asap
BR Howard & Julie

1 Like

Hi Mal,
Count us in, I will transfer money.
Mike and Karen

1 Like

Esther and I are up for this one Mal!
Max

1 Like

Mal
Please add Pat & Ash to the list
Thanks

1 Like

Mal
Payment made
Regards Ash

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for all the responses to this one. We are nearly at our maximum permitted number but I will put the names on the spreadsheet tomorrow and reconcile the PayPal payments and publish a screen grab on the forum.

Best Regards

Mal

2 Likes

I love my Gin so I’m going
Di x

1 Like

Please add me Mal , money transferred. XJ

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the delay on this but its been a busy few days here at “Rowland Towers” :grin:

I have now caught up with your responses to join the Bombay Sapphire Tour, reconciled the PayPal Payments and produced a spreadsheet, which is given in Post #1 for you all to view.

Please take time to view the Spreadhseet to confirm I have things right and also noting that there are only 4 spaces left until we reach our maximum number of 20 attendees for the tour.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

I have just updated the spreadsheet to add another two people to the Gin Tour. So, only two spaces left now :smile:

Best Regards

Mal

Hopefully not too late for the last 2 spots, H & Hels, new members just joined the area and would love to meet you all

Hi Hels & Henry,

Glad you bagged the last two places. I will duly add you both to the spreadsheet and you are good to go, as I have received your PayPal payment also👍

We look forward to meeting you both on the day at the breakfast rendevous point.

Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to dvise you that all 20 places for this drive and tour are now filled :grinning:

Many thanks for all your PayPal payments. I will now phone Penny today and pay the monies for the tour and we will be all set :wink:

The Solent Team look forward to seeing you on the day at The Ham Farm Hrvester, for breakfast prior to the drive via the wonderful Hampshire Countryside, which Diane & Terry are proving this week in readiness :+1:

For info, as of 16:30 on 23rd October: The monies have now been paid to The Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery for our visit, for which I have a receipt :wink:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I have one spare place for the Bombay Sapphire Gin Tour if anybody would like to fill this one person gap.

If so, please PM me for details.

NB: I can free up another space for a couple to go along to this event, so if you could fill two spaces, plase contact me soonest via PM!

Best Regards

Mal

A big thank you to Terry & Diane for a great drive today in stunning sunshine and tour of The Bombay Sapphire Distillery. Also, many thanks to all who attended Diane & Terry’s drive starting at The Ham Farm Harvester for Breakfast followed by a 1.25 Hour scenic drive to The Bombay Sapphire Distillery at Laverstoke for our booked tour. It was a great tour, staring with some tasting then afterwards members could visit the shop to buy the various lovely gins on offer😋
It was also great to welcome Hels & H who joined us for the first time in today’s drive and visit. Also, Lynn & Geoff Lowe joined us for the first time in a while and it was great to see them again​:+1: On a final note, we called in The Milburys on the way home and I had a chat with Clive (new landlord) and if all goes well, they hope to soft open on the 24th November, just selling drinks, crisps and snacks, plus maybe Pork Pies if he can source some in time. The place is looking great as some great work has already been done and the kitchen will hopefully open in the New Year, when hot food will be available :yum::+1:

1 Like

We had a really super time and look forward to coming along to more things in the future, could someone please send me the direct link to the area calendar that was being talked about.