SOLENT AREA - Beach BBQ 21st June 2023

SOLENT AREA - Beach BBQ 2023

Dear All,

As with past years, we have always held a Beach BBQ at Calshot Beach and being the longest day, it would be good to do this again.

However, last year you will recall that Parking Charges had been imposed by the Local Council and the charges were quite hefty and valid until 10pm, especially as we don’t get there until the evening, so we get clobbered for 3 hrs parking :roll_eyes:
Website: [www.new forest.gov.uk/article/1352/Calshot-Car-Park-Calshot](https://www.new forest.gov.uk/article/1352/Calshot-Car-Park-Calshot) refers.

Also, we know most beaches and public places for that matter, have outlawed Charcoal BBQ’s but cannot find anything online to confirm whether Calshot still allows them or not.

If anyone who lives in the vicinity of Calshot knows the answer to this, it would be greatly appreciated if you could reply to this post:wink:

In the meantime, we will proceed on the basis that Calshot is good to go and meet up as usual at Rownhams Services on the M27 Westbound for the drive to Calshot at 18:30 onwards, ready for a swift departure and drive in convoy down to Calshot.

Once we know what the policy is for BBQ’s we will update this post with more details.

Attendance list;

1. Mal
  2. Terry & Diane
  3. Nick & Caroline
  4. Richard & Clare
  5. Karen & Mike
  6. Angela & Nigel

Best Regards

The Solent Team

1 Like

Sadly Esther and I will not be able to join you this year due as we will be travelling back from our holibobs on that day
Have a good one!
Max

“Also, we know most beaches and public places for that matter, have outlawed Charcoal BBQ’s but cannot find anything online to confirm whether Calshot still allows them or not.”

What jurisdiction do they have between high tide and low tide point?

Hi Max & Esther,

Mamy thanks for letting us know and you will both be missed but sincerely hope your Holibobs go well :sunny::sunglasses:

The Solent Team

2 Likes

Hi Mal. We will be up for this one. Let’s hope the weather holds out and we still allowed to have barbecues.
Tug and Clare

1 Like

Hi Mal myself and Caroline we be coming to Calshot bbq.

Nick and Caroline

2 Likes

Fantastic news, it will be good to see you both there :+1:

1 Like

We are coming, hope the weather is kind to us this year
Terry & Di xx

1 Like

Good point but they have official signage up and clearly don’t want them there. Also, I th ink its the mess that gets left, as some people do not clear up after themselves🙄

Add me to the list please Mal hopefully it will be ok

Hi Folks,
By way of a quick update, no alternative venue for the beach BBQ has been found, so we will proceed as per other years and pay for parking, as appropriate, for the time we are there and enjoy a nice group BBQ on the beach :hotdog::sun_with_face::sunglasses::+1:

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Henry here, is it too late to put my name on the list for attendees? this sounds like a lot of fun and I only recently got the day free. Would be my first group outing with the car :slight_smile:

Hi Henry,

Not at all, you would be most welcome and we look forward to seeing you and your 5 on Wednesday at the rendevous point.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal
I have been called in to work Wednesday now so may not make the run , sorry to mess you about .
XJ

Hi Jules,

Sorry to hear you won’t be joining us for this one, thank you for letting me know :+1:

You will still have a place if anything changes work wise.

Hugs

Mal x

Hey, I also have to drop out, just had my alternator decide to no longer play nice, wont get it fixed til the weekend. Hope you all have a good time, and Ill have to join the next outing.

Hi Mal,
Karen and myself will be coming along for the BBQ but will meet you there. What time do you expect to be there, around 7.00pm?
Mike

Henry,
Sorry your alternator is playing up but if you want to pop down in another car and join us to say Hi, that would be fine.
Regards
Mal

Hi Karen & Mike,
Great news that you are joining us for this one. I look forward to seeing you there and expect to be at Calshot approx 7pm🙂
Regards
Mal

Just finished another DIY jobette, so after my cuppa☕ I am going to wash the Thruxton debris off Una the Eunos and pack my BBQ food ready for the off. I am bringing two spare gas cylinders for my picnic stove, so if anyone wishes to borrow it to cook their food, they will be most welcome.
I will see those going at Rownhams about 17:45, ready for our 18:30 departure :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: