SOLENT AREA - Change of plans for Sunday 3rd July

Hi Everyone,

Originally, we said there would not be a Sunday drive on the first Sunday of the month, due to another event becoming available to us, on Sunday 10th July, in the form a joint event with South Central, for the already posted visit to; “The Jim Stokes Workshop Chairty Event” in Waterlooville.

Then, all of a sudden, we received an email from Bill, via Wessex Area, as follows;

*Dear all, come along to join Wessex Members at Hillbrush UK Museum, Mere, BA12 6FE, on Sunday 3rd July 10:00 – 12:00. We shall have our own dedicated tea/coffee/bacon butty station so bring your pennies along and I reckon and sunshine is guaranteed!

See screen grab below but ignore the 3rd March date, as that is when they resumed this event for 2022.

> The 2022 HillBrush meets are:
>
> Sunday 3rd July
>
> Sunday 4th September
>
> Sunday 6th November

Regards

Bill at Hillbrush

I am going along to support this event and will be happy to meet members at: Tesco Winnall, Easton Lane, Winchester SO23 7RS for a drive, possibly via some nice scenic roads to Mere, Wiltshire, once we get off the A303.

The rendezvous time at Tesco Winnall, will be 09:00 for a prompt 09:30 departure!!!

Please reply to this post to confirm your attendance, so I can let Bill know how many are coming from Solent Area, for parking purposes.

Those going so far;

1. Mal & Serena
  2. Colin R
  3. Doug & Chris
  4. Stuart & Pat Couper - Meeting us there, as live nearby!
  5. Roger Mead
  6. Richard Crowther

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal sorry I can’t make this one although it looks like a good one but I’m already booked for a show at storrington. but it’s nice to know that you have booked the good weather . Gerry

Hi Mal. I’ll join you for this run. Colin.

Excellent, will be good to have you and Blue along :dog2:

Hi Mal,

Is the museum open for us, or is this just a meet and a natter in the car park, because that is what Bill seems to indicate with his offer of bacon butties, etc?

Regards,

Ron and Angela

Hi Mal, Chris and I would like to join you for this run, do we need to bring our own chairs ? See you at Tesco’s at Winnall 09:00 sharp. All the best, Doug & Chris

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and questions thus far. I will find out about the museum and get back to you.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Ron & Angela,
I have had a reply from Bill saying; It usually is, as its part of the restaurant.
Rgds
Mal

Hi Folks,

I did say in my original post that we may possibly drive some nice scenic roads to Mere but having had a look on Google Maps and tried a few routes out, to save just tanking along the A303 to Mere, the route I have measured will take 1Hr 32 Mins, which I feel is a bit too long, esp as we need to be there for 10am and the event ends at appox 12 noon.

Unless anyone has any alternative ideas, we will go straight along the A303, which is quite scenic in itself :smiley:

Coming back however, if the weather is good, we could detour and find a better way back and maybe stop for sustinance :thinking:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
We will make our on way to Mere as we are only 20 mins away,
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday
Stuart & Pat

Hi Stuart,

Absolutley, no problems. Look forward to seeing you both there.

Regards

Mal

Am I missing something or is this actually a museum dedicated to brooms?

With other things going on this weekend will give it a miss - have a great time!

Max

Morning Mal,

Sorry, won’t be able to make it on Sunday now, have had a change of plan!:roll_eyes:

But see you on the following Sunday at Jim Stokes workshop.

Regards,

Ron & Angela

Sorry Mal cannot make this one will see you at Jim
Stokes run
Howard & Julie

Many thanks Ron & Angie and Howard & Julie for letting me know.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

I have had an email from Wessex Area, saying that Bill, at the venue, suggests we get to Mere at 10am, so as to guarantee parking and also to ensure parking together.

So, we will leave Tesco, Winnall and drive straight up he A34 and A303 for expediency.

We can always drive a more scenic way back, as the event is not a long one and if anyone has any ideas for this, please let me know.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, I’ll join you for this one please Hillbrush does good food.
Cheers, Roger

Don’t wait for me, but going to try and meet you guys at the Tescos - hope its more successful than a Porsche meet there a few years a go where we managed to get separated in the car park and didn’t all meet back up until we got to our destination!! :smiley:

Hi Trickster, hope to see you at Tesco Winnall. We usually park up in the area where the trees separate the two parking areas and almost dead in line with the entrance to Tesco itself.

Hi Roger, good to know someone has been there and knows about the food on offer :+1: