SOLENT AREA - Christmas Meal 2021

HI Gerry,

Will do, as currently on my PC typing up the December Newsletter - so perfect timing :+1:

Regards

Mal

The updated Xmas Meal Choices are given in Post#39 above, as of 15th November 2021.

Please note that the closing date for the Christmas Meal is 28th November, so less that two weeks away.

Also, numbers are near the Milbury’s maximum capacity, so book now to avoid disapointment!

Regards

Mal

Can you put Brian and I on the list please, I will look at the menu later and let you know

Hi Mal, Brian would like Brie, Turkey and Waffles please, I would like Salmon, Turkey and Waffles please.

Hi Josie,
All done for you.
Regards
Mal

Hi Everyone,

I have just caught up with my admin and also updated the Christmas Meal Spreadsheet, as can be seen above, in Post #39.

Please take a look at your entries and let me know of any error or ommisions.

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, thanks for the reminder, I have now transferred ÂŁ50 via paypal. See you there, Doug Phillips

Hi Doug,

Very many thanks for sorting payment. You are now all set and the spreadsheet has been updated to reflect this.

Regards

Mal

Hi Folks,

Only 4 days left, before the list closes for the Christmas Meal.

There is limited availability, so if you wish to come along, please respond to this post within the next 4 days :wink:

Regards

Mal

Hi again Folks,

Bob Lazzell has kindly just rung me and suggested that, due to our high numbers for this event, that everyone attending the Christsmas Meal should be requested do a Lateral Flow/Rapid Antigen Test on the day of the Christmas Meal, as a prerequisite - great idea Bob :+1:

This is not mandatory and entirely voluntary but would help put the minds of those attending at rest, given our large number of attendees and make for a safe event.

I will pay the big bill on the day to The Milburys, so if anyone tests positive on the morning, please let me know as early as you can and we can then refund your payment back to you via PayPal.

Best Regards

Mal :santa:

5 Likes

Happy to do the test Mal, very sensible.
Best wishes, Roger and Lynn

Afternoon Mal,

Totally agree with Bob, a very sensible idea, all for it, no problem at all with testing immediately prior going to the meal!
I also assume that the meal venue is safe and has some through-flow ventilation.

Regards,

Ron & Angela.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Many thanks for the responses, since our Post #49 Re: Covid Testing, much appreciated.

As a further bit of apmplification on the Christmas Meal, I am holding off maying any monies to the venue at Present as we need to know how this latest Covid Variant is going to affect us and venues in the next month.

It could be that the MX5OC sends out an email reuesting that we cease all drives and social events - but fingers crossed it wont come to that :crossed_fingers:

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

2 Likes

Hi Mal. Sheila and I are more than happy to do the ‘LFTs’ before we head off :+1:.

Best Wishes,
Graham and Sheila

Many thanks Graham & Sheila👍

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to say that, if anyone is having second thoughts about meeting up at The Milburys on the 12h December, for the Christmas Meal. Please let us know soonest by replying on this forum thread.

The Meal Choices spreadsheet is being handed to Martin, at The Milburys tomorrow and it is only fair to let him know soonest of any cancellations, due to food ordering for the day.

Regards

Mal, Serena, Terry & Diane

Hi Mal,
I read your post re what the OC may do. I sincerely hope the Club does not advise postponement of meets/drives. Asking members to do a lateral flow test before attending an indoor event is, in my view, the most appropriate way forward. Doing that gives some security whilst retaining the right of each member to decide for themselves which events they attend.
I will, of course, support whatever you decide and look forward to having a Christmas meal with you.
Please feel free to share my view with Martin and Iain.
Best wishes
Roger (Le Mans all clean and covered in the garage: noisy white one out!)

2 Likes

Hi Mal, I can’t see us on the spread sheet, from memory we ordered smoked salmon & brie wedges, 2 turkey, 2 coffee & minced pies. I sent the money via PayPal 13 November. We have no problem doing LFTs but we are double jabbed & had boosters. Regards Linda and Dave

1 Like

If the OCs say no to the event I might just turn up to the pub anyway :wink:

1 Like

Hi Mal,

After thinking long and hard about the meet up at the Milburys, we have regrettably decided to withdraw from attending the Xmas dinner.

We are not concerned about mixing with other members of Solent, but as other people use the venue and in view of the findings concerning the increased transmissibility of ‘Omicron’ we have decided to play safe.

We don’t want to jeopardise our chances of our planned Christmas get-together(s) with our families, especially as we would have to self isolate even if we didn’t have any symptoms, BUT had been shown to come into contact with someone who was showing symptoms of the Omicron variant.

Apologies for not letting you know yesterday, but unfortunately we weren’t in a position to check messages here on the forum until now.

We would just like to wish all our friends a very Happy Christmas and hope you have a wonderful time on the 12th.

Best Wishes,
Graham and Sheila

1 Like