SOLENT AREA - Christmas Meal 3rd December 2023

Dear All,

We have today finalised the Solent Area Christmas Meal, which will be held at The Bird in Hand, Lovedean.

We were originally trying to book the Flower Pots at Cheriton but they would not take a group on a Sunday, as they give priority to locals. So Serena and I popped out to The Bird in Hand for a spot of lunch in the sunshine and had a nice chat with Brandon (Assistant Manager).

The food Serena and I had was really excellent and very good quality - the things we do for Solent Area :grin:

Brandon had their Festive Party Menu up and running already, so gave me a copy, which is attached below for you to make your choices from.

NB: As always, click once on the menu image and select “ORIGINAL” in the BLUE text at the base of the inage and you should then be able to click on the image again to zoom in and read it clearly.

A point to note: there are vegetarian, vegan and Glutem Free Options are available. Any questions on this should be directed to The Bird in Hand Staff direct, so they can advise you correctly :smiley:

I will be recording choices on the usual spreadhsheet, so as soon as you have decided on what you want to eat please let me know, by 18th November 2023 replying to this post only and not FaceBook and I will add your choices to the spreadsheet :smiley:

The booking has been made for the 3rd December 2023 (our normal Sunday Drive date) from 12:30 to 15:00 and we have initially said for 30 people but this can be increased up to a maximum of 50 people, as required, depending on take up for this event.

We require a ÂŁ10 deposit for each person attending, via PayPal to; malrowland21@gmail.com
The deposit will be recorded on the spreadsheet and deducted from each persons bill at the end of the meal, so any extra’s such as drinks can be taken into account and added to your final bill.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU ADD IN THE COMMENTS BOX “DEPOSIT FOR CHRISTMAS MEAL”

On the day, the drive will start from Garsons Garden Centre, Fontley Road, Titchfield, Fareham PO15 6QX

Arrival time: 10:30 onwards, for those who wish to have coffe and a chat and a look around Garsons.

Departure Time: 11:30 for an approx 30 minute drive to The Bird in Hand via the Hampshire Countryside.

SUMMARY OF ATTENDEES, MEAL CHOICES & DEPOSIT PAYMENTS TO DATE;

NB: As with the menu, click once on the menu image and select “ORIGINAL” in the BLUE text at the base of the inage and you should then be able to click on the image again to zoom in and read it clearly.

Any discrepancies with your meal choices, please let me know soonest :wink:

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Hi Mal,

Please put Angela and myself down for this - choices and money to follow, however, I assume you mean
by 18th November and NOT 18th December🙄!

Cheers v much for the sacrifice :grin:

Ron & Angela

Hi Ron,

Yes, no worries. I eill add those choices to the spreadsheet👍

Thx for the heads up on the date error. All sorted now😉

Best Regards

Mal

Put Terry & Diane down for this one, will sort out the menu and money when we see you
Thanks for orginising the venue. Good job :+1: :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hi Mal
Nick and I will have 2 courses
2x turkey wellington
1 x Xmas pud
1 x rhubarb ginger brûlée
Deposits on their way
Regards
Caroline

Hi Mal,
Will you please add us to your list, we’ve paid the deposit to your Paypal account and we’ll give you our choices asap.
Thanks for orgasning this.
Best wishes,
Sally & Colin

Hi Mal, Val and I would like to be included and will both have, salmon, duck and brûlée. Paying tonight.
Regards
Bob

Hi Evryone,

Just back from bowls at 18:30 and logged onto the PC and seen all the PayPal payments thus far, many thanks for those :+1:

As it the morm with these events, I will post a list in Post #1 of this thread of those attending and payment made via PayPal.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Christmas meal choices as follows:

Angela: - Ratatouille Tart & Christmas pud

Ron: - Turkey & Christmas pud

Deposit to follow after this!

Cheers,

Angela and Ron :santa:t2:

Hi Mal,

Please find our meal choices below and deposit already paid as in earlier post.

Sally: Home Pastrami Cured Salmon, Roast Fillet of Salmon & Christmas Pudding.
Colin: Belly Pork & Christmas Pudding.

Thanks verry much for organising this event.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

We would like to order
Diane: Roasted fillet of Salmon & Rhubarb & Ginger Brulee
Terry : Deep fried goats cheese & Braised Belly of Pork
Give you the deposit money on Sunday

Terry & Di

Hii again,

I have just noted todays submissions for Xmas Meals and added them to the spreadsheet.

As before, a screengrab of the Spreadsheet is given in Post #1, for members to check and ensure they are happy with thier choices, or more to the point, that I have recorded them correctly :grin:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal.
Can you please add both of us to the list for this one.
Food order 3 courses
1 soup 1 Salmon
1 Turkey 1 Duck
1 Christmas Pudding 1 Brûlée

Deposit to follow

Thanks

Richard and Clare.

Hi Mal,
Please add Lynn and I: choices to follow.
Thanks for arranging this.
Roger and Lynn

Hi Mal,
Please put Tony and myself down for the Xmas lunch, money and choices to follow, many thanks, Judy x

Hi Mal
Please may I order

Pate
Turkey Wellington
Christmas pudding
Many thanks
Jules

Hi Mal,

Esther and I are very much up for this one!

Please can we have

Max - Goats cheese, Pork belly, Christmas pudding

Esther - Soup, Turkey, Chocolate cremeux

Many thanks
Max

Many thanks for the responses on here for this event. Its not long now until I reunited with my laptop, so I can capture all your choices. I will post a screen grab of the spreadsheet, once I have logged your choices, so you can check I have logged the correctly.
Best Regards
Mal

Hi Mal, below our choices for Xmas lunch, will send deposit’s shortly.
Tony - Deep Fried Goat’s Cheese
Turkey Wellington

Judy - Turkey Wellington
Rhubarb and Ginger Brûlée
Many thanks, Judy x

Mal
Please add Pat & Ash to the list for Christmas meal🎄
Pat: Turkey & Christmas Pudding
Ash: Turkey & Cheese & Biscuits
ÂŁ20 deposit paid
Many thanks
Ash & PatđŸ€“