SOLENT AREA - Northumberland Tour 2023

Hi Val & Bob,

Yes, you are both firmly in my list of attendees in Post #1 :+1:

I am currently still reviewing the options for accomodation in the area.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Iain,

If the stars align and we can slot it in, we will be there. Our current issue is accomodation bookings are Friday to Friday (all cottages are either Friday to Friday, or Saturday to Saturday) and this could be a problem for members attending the National, as in this case, as they would be paying for 3 days when they wouldn’t be there.

However, once we setltte on suitable accomodation, I will contact them to see if for a group of us they could waive/bend the rules slightly to aocomodate us :thinking:

Ref taking kit up with us to Northumberland, that might be an issue depending on the size, as we will be a way for a over a week and space will be a premium :thinking:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Evening Mal
Elaine & I would like to “register interest”, Thanks, Rob

1 Like

Hi Mal,
We would be interested so would like to be on your list for more details please. Would go to Gayton on the way up too.
Kind regards, Mike and Julie Smith :grin:

Hi Julie & Mike,

Good news ref you both joining the Northumberland Trip👍 I will duly add you to the list with a “?” beside your names, until you commit fully to the event.

For info, the closing date for this trip will soon be upon us (20th Feb) and we will be pushing out a post requesting members to commit fully, as accommodation will need to be booked by everyone and routes finalised.

Regards

Mal

Thank you. :grin:

Dear All,

By way of an update, it has been decided that the daily meeting point for our various drives, whilst in Northumberland, will be Alnwick.

This information is provided, as it will hopefully, help you when making accomodation arrangements.

For info; Almouth is 10 minutes away in a Easterly Direction and Longframlington 20 mins away, in a South Westerly Direction, from Alnwick, where the majority of the slef catering accomodation appears to be.

Rothbury, is also a good source of accomodation and equi-distant and in a similar direction to Longframlington.

Accomodation has been somewhat difficult to find, at not only the right price but also, to suit those who will be heading to The MX5OC National at Gaydon before going onto Northumberland, as Cabin/Chalet Bookings are usually Saturday to Saturday, so one would be paying for a property they would not be using for a few days :frowning_face:

So, the upshot is; Colin has booked a Pet Friendly Cabin in Longframlington :dog: and Serena and I have booked The Shepherds Rest in Alnwick, via booking.com, as the prices were reasonable and location and parking are good. This way, we can drive up to the National on the Saturday and stay over sunday night also, then leave from Warwick on the Monday and drive up to Alnwick.

We are staying at The Holiday Inn Express, Warwick for both the Sat and Sun nights, which is where we stayed before when visiting Gaydon for The National Rally in 2019 and this was well situated and has a restaurant, in the form of a Harvester, just a short walk across the car park :smile:

Best Regards

The Nothumberland 2023 Tour Team

3 Likes

Christine and Richard Baird are interested, please add us to the list with a ? please

Hi Christine & Richard,

I have added you to the list, as requested👍

Regards

Mal

Mal
Please remove the ? Ash & Pat now confirmed for the Northumbria trip
Thanks

Hi Pat & Ash,

Brilliant News, consider it done :+1:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal, Val and Bob have booked into The Ploughing Alnwick from 18/9/23 to 1/10/23
Cheeers
Bob

1 Like

Hi Val & Bob,

Brilliant news, that your accommodation is sorted. Looking at the map you are 3 mins by car from us at The Shepherds Rest and 17 mins walking.

Hopefully, we can all hook up for a meal or two with others some nights🤞

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Kevin and I are booked into The Coquetvale Hotel in Rothbury from 16th to 23rd September.

Really looking forward to the trip :blush:!

Sandra xx

Hi Sandra & Kevin,

Great news, Rothbury is close by, so all good there. Its looking like we will be eating in Alnwick on one night, Rothbury another night and so…:grin:

I have now added a column for: “Accomodation Booked” to the list, so we can track progress😉

Warm Regards

Mal

1 Like

Mal
We have booked in at The Hogs Head Inn at Alnwick
From the 18th Sept. We have stayed at this Inn before
and can recommend this to other members.
Stuart

Hi Pat & Stuart,

Great news and we look forward to having you both along. I will annotate the list of attendees accordingly👍

Best Regards

Mal

By way of an update, this one is coming on well, we now have 13 members with accomodation booked, which is great👍

Hi Mal,
We have booked accommodation, 15-18/9/23 at the Warwickshire Hotel for Gaydon, then a cottage in Hotspur Street, Alnwick 18-23/9/23. I told the cottage owner that we were a group of MX5 owners and she came back with her son has an MX5 which he uses for track events!
Mike and Karen

Hi Karen & Mike,

That is great news and glad you are doing both Gaydon and then Northumberland. Your cottge sounds great and it’s a “Brucie Bonus” that the owners son has a Track MX5 :+1:

I will edit the list to reflect your Accomodation booking :wink:

Best Regards

Mal & Serena