SOLENT AREA - Sunday 5th March 2023 Drive, Lunch and visit to Naomi House & Jacksplace, for an Easter Egg Drop

Dear All,

The seeds of an idea for this event were sown by Patricia & John Wheeler. So, we contacted Naomi House and the staff, namely Karen, Claire and Peter, who have been absolutely brilliant in coming back to us with what will be in the art of the possible on the day, for an Easter Egg Drop for the Children :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Each nice and shiny MX5 attending, is asked to purchase an Easter Egg(s), either a Milk Chocolate, Plain Chocolate Egg or Dairy Free Egg.

Today, the 15th February and being a nice sunny day, Serena and I got in the MX5 out again and drove to the area to look for lunch venues. Unfortunately, a lot of the pubs in the Sutton Scotney Area have small car parks, so with our possible group size, together with other pub customers this was not viable, so we drove the short distance to Stockbridge and looked at The White Hart, which is at the West End of Stockbridge on the Roundabout. Full address is: The White Hart, High St, Stockbridge SO20 6HF Serena and I have eaten here on several occasions and its a great food venue :yum:

There is a large car park behind the pub, heading North up the R/H side of the pub, just off Trafalgar Way, which serves the hotel part of the pub but on a Sunday lunchtime the Manager (Paddy) said parking should not be an issue :+1:

So, to summarize;

Drive Start Point: Roadchef, Sutton Scotney Services, on the A34 Northbound.

Start time: 11:00 for a prompt 11:15 departure

Arrival Time at White Hart: 12:00

Food Serving Time: No later than 12:30 to allow members to get seated, organise drinks and be ready for food at this time.
NB: Menu(s) are being emailed later today and these will be added to this post.

Sorry to be so prescriptive about this but we need to be in our cars and ready to depart The White Hart at 2:15pm prompt, for the 11 minute drive along the A30 to Naomi House and park up in the Reception Area. More details on this will be posted on this in the next few days.

Naomi house staff will then bring out Children that are able to come out and meet us, under the under cover area of the reception area, to see our MX5’s and for us to hand over the Easter Eggs to the staff

Please note that if you have had a cold or possibly Covid or Diarrhoea , please do not attend, to ensure the childrens safety - taken from the Naomi House Safety Policy!

Finally, please confirm your attendance soonest, noting that the maximum seating capacity of the “Warren Room” which we have been allocated, is 25 people (MAX) and that a PayPal Deposit of £5/person is required to confirm your place for lunch. Payable via PayPal to: malrowland21@gmail.com
NOTE: Please remember to tick/select “paying friend or family option” to avoid charges

Best Regards

The Solent Team

1 Like

Hi again Everyone,

Sooner than originally stated in the first post for this event, the pictures of the parking at Naomi House, are given below, as promised;

In this photo, directly outside reception, 4 members MX5’s will join Terry and I under the canopy. If possinnle, we will try and put up the Solent Area Feather Flag, for a photo call.

In this photo, the remainder of the MX5’s are requested to park in the “Hatched Area”, in a neat row, beside the main bulding, to allow access for ambulances to the rear of the bulding.

In order to facilliatate parking at Naomi House, we will leave The White Hart, in order of the 4 MX5’s joining Terry and I parking under the canopy first, followed by the remaining MX5’s to follow on and park up facing towards where this photo was taken from - you can carefully turn around at the rear end of the bulding.

Hopefully, it will be a nice day on the 5th March and those children that are able will be able to be taken by staff to view all the MX5’s parked at the side of the bulding and then wave us off :sunglasses: :crossed_fingers:

Once we leave Naomi House, we can all make our own repsective ways home .

Many thanks for supporting this one, as we know it will mean so much to the staff and children of this amazing and well-renown facilty, in Hampshire

Best Regards

Mal

Attendees List;

1. Mal Rowland - £5 deposit paid
  2. Serena Rowland- £5 deposit paid
  3. Ron Clarke - £5 deposit paid
  4. Angela Clarke - £5 deposit paid
  5. Karen Yardley - £5 deposit paid
  6. Mike Yardley - £5 deposit paid
  7. Julie Lawrence - £5 deposit paid
  8. Howard Lawrence - £5 deposit paid
  9. Esther Freeborn - £5 deposit paid
  10. Max Grogan - £5 deposit paid
  11. Jue White - £5 deposit paid
  12. Chris White - £5 deposit paid
  13. Wendy Bovenkamp - £5 deposit paid
  14. Tony Bovenkamp - £5 deposit paid
  15. Val Lazell - £5 deposit paid
  16. Bob Lazell - £5 deposit paid
  17. Jo Finch - £5 deposit paid
  18. Colin Finch - £5 deposit paid

Hi Mal,

Yes, cracking idea, Angela and I are definitely in for this.:grinning:

Regards,

Ron & Angela

Hi Mal

Book us in for this. Deposit sent for lunch.

Mike and Karen

1 Like

Great news, I will add you to the list and tick you off as deposit paid, thank you😉

Hi Mal,

Our lunch deposit is now with you!:grinning:

Now on an Easter egg hunt!!

Regards,

Ron & Angela

1 Like

Hi Ron,

Just to let you know I have safely received your PayPal Deposits and annotated my "Extort Monies List":grin:

Thank you

Rgds

Mal

Hi Mal
Please add Jo and myself to the list for this great event. Will send over the deposit now.
Sorry we did not make the quiz last night, hope you all had a great night

Hi Jo & Colin,

Great to have you and Jo along👍

I have safely received your PayPal payment, thank you.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
Count us in
Howard & Julie

1 Like

Brilliant, it will be good to have you and Julie along👍 Mal

Just checked and received your PayPal payment also, so many thanks for that. Best Regards Mal

Hi Everyone,

This one is going very well, since I posted it late yesterday afternoon and mentioned it at The Milbury’s gathering last evening.

Keep’em coming and hopefully we will have a good turn out for this visit and a nice selection of Easter Eggs for the children👍

Best Regards

The Solent Team

Thanks Mal

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Esther and I are up for this!

Will ping the monies over later

Have you got the menus yet?

Max

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to mess you around but the White Hart, Stockbrindge Menu finally arrived in PDF format, after lots of chasing up :roll_eyes:

So, what I have done, is to remove the previous menu, which was made up of screen grabs and not all that clear and replaced it with this latest PDF copy (given below). However, it does not end there, as this website does not handle PDF files, so I have had to convert it to a PNG file but I am assured this shortfall is being looked into by the MX5OC IT person and hopefully we will have a fix very soon :crossed_fingers:

As before, remember to click on the image once and select the blue “Original” option at the base of the file and it will open in a more reasonable size for you and you will be able to zoom in.

Please review this menu to ensure what you have ordered is on this menu and if you wish to change your order based on the menu inserted in this post, please feel free to do so, soonest, and let me know by replying on this forum thread only, so I can change/update the spreadsheet accordingly :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Max & Esther,

Sorry for the delay, been to a Theatre Matinee :smile:

PayPal monies safely received received, thank you and the menu is given in the post below :+1:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
Is this correct menu only looks different from their www Sunday menu
Regards
Howard

Hi Howard,

As far as I know it’s the latest Sunday menu, as that is what they emailed me.

I believe the menu is changing in March, so I assume this is the March 23 menu and thus differs from the website.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal