Solent Area - Thruxton Historic Event on 16th August 2020

Dear All,

Please see below further clarification on the pricing and discount from Elaine at Thruxton. I have been online an purchased our tickets and the system works :wink:

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

Thank you for your email and for supporting the event again at short notice. I have made a note that your club plan to attend on Sunday 16th August for now but the code will allow discount on both day tickets and the weekend ticket.

Tickets are per person and each adult club ticket is £10.50 for one day or £16.50 for the weekend. This is 50% off the on the day prices of £21 and £33 respectively, the offer is being carried over from June to the rescheduled August dates. This means any tickets purchased for the original June event are also valid for the new dates in August. There is a one off £1.50 transaction fee for each order, this is not a fee per ticket. Children 15 and under accompanied by an adult (max 5 children per responsible adult) are admitted to the circuit free of charge.

I hope that helps to clarify the pricing. Please contact me if any further questions arise and I will try to respond quickly.

Best wishes

Elaine

Elaine Jell, Events Coordinator

1 Like

Sorry Mal, Patricia and Me will not be ordering tickets, still to soon to mix with large groups due to the virus, people are still not taking notice of social distancing…the risk is to much

Tickets purchased for a friend and I

Are we meeting up enroute or anything this time?

Max

Hi all
Just to let you know there are a few cars coming from Sussex Downs Area.
Looking forward to meeting up and a great day out with you guys.
Nigel/Louise are coming on both Saturday & Sunday; Miles/June and I are just for the Sunday and we will be driving there on the Sunday morning.
What time do we need to get to the Circuit/Stand by on the Sunday morning?
With many thanks for organising this.
PS - the ticket purchase was fine with the discount code and arrived in the post yesterday (7th).
All the best
Paul Cleaver

Hi Paul,
Good to hear from you and delighted that a few members are coming from Sussex Downs Area.
You may have seen my post already but we are going to meet at Tesco Winnall and it’s a short drive (25 mins) straight up the A34 and A303. If you wish to join us at Tesco then check out the timings on the forum.
Best Regards
Mal

what post are you referring to Mal? I can see nothing about times to meet at Tesco…

You are quite right Max, I was getting ahead of myself there. I thought retirement was meant to be relaxing…his week has been busy and I have never been busier and dont know how I had the time to go to work🤔

So, back to the plot, I emailed Elaine at Thruxton yesterday, as follows;

Hi Elaine,

Thinking ahead to Thruxton Historic and our attendance on Sunday 16th August. I am going to start a short drive from our meet point at Tesco Winnall for those that wish to.

The drive from Tesco Winnall to Thruxton is 25 mins, so if we leave Tesco at 09:50 we should arrive and park up in time for the Historic Qualifiers and racing and spend a nice day at Thruxton.

Let me know if you are happy with these timings, so I can post details of the meet and drive to Thruxton on the MX5OC Forum.

Once I hear back from Elaine, I will update the post on the forum accordingly.

Sorry for any confusion.

Regards

Mal

I will meet you there Mal I think phil & josie and Brian will be there

Ahhh that makes sense! Should be a perfect time to start :slight_smile:

Ok Jerry,

You can be the advance party😁

Regards

Mal

Thanks Mal and all,
There are another couple of cars from our area coming too. (Dave and Graham.)
I think I have found the Tesco stores at Winnal,but can you kindly add the postcode for us none locals, when the timings are settled. I should be there to meet up with you guys for the final leg into the circuit.
All the best
Paul

Hi Paul et-al,

Yes, here are the details for Tesco Winnal, are as follows; Easton Ln, Winchester SO23 7RS

Please bare in mind, I am currently waiting for Elaine at Historic Promotions to get back to me confirming times for our arrival and I will post an update on the rendevous time at Tesco’s for all, once Elaine gets back to me.

Best Regards

Mal

Just purchased a couple of tickets that will be “collect on the day” :grin:
I will keep an eye out for departure times from Tesco and aim to be there approx 15 mins before
Looking forward to a great day out
Valerie

1 Like

Hi all. I spoke to Thruxton via their online chat and they were warning that the event may end up happening behind closed doors. We hope to come if it does go ahead but are just holding off ordering for now. Fingers crossed!! Sarah and Matt - Sussex Downs

Oooh they’re leaving it a bit late for an event thats happening this Sunday if they decide to change their minds about it being closed doors :frowning:

@Malski21,
Have you any knowledge this?..as posted above…

I notice that the MX5oc Facebook page was updated a short time ago to say Thruxton is going ahead so I assume more uptodate information has been gained. We will see you there!! Sarah and Matt - Sussex Downs

1 Like

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

Hi Mal.
Just booked my ticket so will meet you at Tesco Let’s hope the weather holds on.

Hi Everyone,

I have had confirmation that we need to be on site before 10:30 on Sunday, so the stewards can park us up.

So, the plan is to meet at Tesco Winnal, Easton Ln, Winchester SO23 7RS, as previously posted in his thread, from 09:30 onwards for a prompt departure at 09:45 for the 25 min drive to Thruxton, so we hopefully will arrive in good time to be marshalled to our parking area.

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

Best Regards

Mal, Serena, Diane & Terry

1 Like