Solent Area - Valentines Meal 2022, on Sunday 13th February

Dear All,

As stated in The MX5OC Diary Entry, for this event, the time has now passed for any further meal submissions for The Milburys.

We have 26 members signed up for this Prestigious event and I have today submitted the latest Meal Order Spreadsheet, to Martin the Landlord, at The Milburys, so we are all set :+1:

For info; A screenshot of the Sreadsheet, is given below for people to check their orders for correctness. Any problems, please let me know soonest, so I can ring Martin and get the Chefs list updated accordingly.

The large back Dining Room is ours, complete with it’s own en-suite facilities and with 26 people seated in there it will be very comfortable, from the Social DIstancing perspective :slightly_smiling_face:

Dont forget to bring some change or notes to go into the Pint Mug for Staff tips on the day, as I will pass the mug around after the main course, so it can do the rounds during dessert.

If members could carry out a Lateral Flow test on the morning to confim they are clear of the Omicron Virus, it would be greatly appreciated by all, as people do not realise they are carrying this variant due to the syptoms being mild, and is what we did for the Xmas Meal and it worked well and gave everyone reassurance on the day :crossed_fingers:

Finally, given the meal time is 12:00 noon Serena & myself will probably lead a drive from Bishops Waltham’s, Basingwell Street Central Car Park, SO32 1PA on the day (There are Loo’s, Coffee & Cash Machines here also), meeting at 11:00am for a swift departure at 11:30 :ok_hand:

Best Regards

Mal & Terry

Hi Mal not sure whats going on but I am unable to view any posts that have been posted after 15th Jan. I get a notification of new posts but when I click to open it is visible for a couple of seconds and then disappears. I have raised a ticket so hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

Hi Huggie,

Hmm…not sure what is happening there. Hope the clubs IT Guru’s sort it for you very soon🤔

Regards

Mal

Hi from Dorset😎,

We are all set for the Valentines Dinner at The Milburys tomorrow👍

As previously stated, The meal time is 12:00 noon tomorrow, so we will gather at Bishops Waltham’s, Basingwell Street Central Car Park, SO32 1PA, meeting at 11:00am for a swift departure at 11:30.

Serena and I will then lead the short drive to The Milburys and park up.

We are looking forward to seeing you all on the day.

Best Regards

Mal & Serena :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We will meet you at the Milburys :slight_smile:
Max

Hi Mal, still having issues with forum posts so hopefully this will get through. We are going straight to the Milburys so will see you all there.

Colin and Jo

A great Valentines Meal at The Milbury’s for Solent Area. Thank you to all who came along and we hope you all enjoyed it and the three of us on our table got our food eventually and I must say it was lovely. Nice and hot the the Beef was super-tender​:+1: We hope everyone had a safe journey home, as there was a lot of flood water about, even on our short journey home to Waltham Chase. Many thanks to Bob for his kind words, they were much appreciated and I have let Terry & Diane know​:wink: I will hopefully, see some of you at Rancho Steak House for a stack of ribs on Wednesday :yum::plate_with_cutlery::beer:

1 Like