Solent Day Time Time Drive to 'Grayshott Pottery' Tuesday 10th August 2021

10th August 2021 Daytime Drive to the Grayshott Pottery, School Road, Grayshott, GU26 6LR
Meet at Morrison Supermarket, Horndean, PO89FB for 10.30 and park near the Hand Car Wash
Leave no later than 11.00, for the approx 1hr drive.
Tulip Route Directions will be given to all on the day.
This will be on a first come basis with a reserve list due to the venue setting a limit of 28 people, please book your places before Friday 6th August 2021

The Drive will take us12miles through Countryside and a further 13miles on the A3, once we arrive at Grayshott Pottery, they have a carpark for 30cars, however should there not be space, parking on the ‘no through road’ may be required.
Sue the Cafe Manager has reserved the Conservatory which has an opening roof should the day be hot and sunny for a maximum for 28 people, tables are arranged for 6 & 4 persons.

The 'Kiln Cafe has a good choice of every day food, and there will also be limited quantities of special hot food on the day. Orders will be taken at each table in turn.
What are you going to see and do, once we have arrived, well there is the Food! and refreshments, and shopping, the following write up explains in more detail.

One of southern England’s few remaining working potteries, Grayshott Pottery is a truly unique destination nestled in the countryside on the Hampshire / Surrey border. It’s also home to Surrey ceramics, who produce unique tableware for some your favourite restaurants throughout the UK.

Emporium
Grayshott Potteries has a vast Emporium where you can browse and shop.
Grayshott Pottery 04

Kiln Cafe
On site is also the Kiln Cafe, where you can enjoy breakfasts, light and not so light lunches and teriffic teas and cakes. There are both an indoor seating area and a covered patio which has heaters and a retractable roof to enjoy the sunshine.
Grayshott Pottery 07
Grayshott Pottery 05

Seconds Shop
If you are looking for some perfectly imperfect pottery pieces, don’t forget to browse the seconds shop

John and Patricia look forward to hearing from you all for a great drive and day out.

Thanks Geoff, its the Morrisons Horndean, PO89FB…

Geoff & Lyn (didn’t mean to delete the whole post🙄)!

1 Like

Terry & I can’t make this one as I’m working that day
Sorry. Diane

1 Like

Hi John. Could you book me in please. Thanks, Colin.

1 Like

we have just added photos showing the ‘well ventilated conservatory’, main cafe and the emporium.

Can you add Brian and me please we have put in for the day off :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

List so far
John & Patricia
Geoff & Lyn
Brian & Josie
Tony & Judy tbc

Just heard from Bob & Val, great news now 10 members the list is growing,

Can you put us down please John, many thanks Judy and Tony

1 Like

Hi John & Patricia,
We will be there in our trusty MX5.
Regards
Mal

1 Like

Updated List
John & Patricia
Geoff & Lyn
Josie & Brian
Judy & Tony
Bob & Val
Mal & Serena

Sue & I would like to attend please.

1 Like

Updated List as at 21.45 30th July
John & Patricia
Geoff & Lyn
Josie & Brian
Judy & Tony
Bob & Val
Mal & Serena
Tim & Sue
Thank you all, now 14 people out of the 28 limit

Now 14 out of the 28 limit, there are spaces left for this day time drive, please reply before Friday 6th August if there are more members that wish to join us all.
Regards
John & Patricia

John, apologies we’ll have to miss this one as an unexpected overseas family is happening😟

Just been notified that 2 people have pulled out of coming, and now that we are now down to just 12 members for this visit, I have emailed the venue to notify them bearing in mind the events manager had reserved the conservatory solely for us which has a capacity of 28 popele, I now await a reply to see if they are happy with these low numbers.

1 Like

Here is the reply from Grayshott Pottery, as you can see because of the reduced numbers attending we are now unable to have sole use of the conservatory which could mean sharing with members of the public, I have also learnt that ‘Dogs’ are not allowed in the shop or cafe, please can those that have booked let me know if under these cicumstance, you still wish to go…
Quote rom Grayshott Email…
Dear Patricia and John
Thank you for your email and we are more than happy for you to come along on Tuesday, but we wouldn’t be able to close off the conservatory for you with the reduced number coming along. I believe you are going to give Sue a call at the end of the week to confirm the numbers?
Kind regards

1 Like

Hi John,

Serena has just come back from the Ladies Day out and said about this drive to Grayshot. I have also viewed your latest post on the forum and can confirm that Serena and I are still happy to go along to Grayshot👍

Regards

Mal

1 Like

@Malski21 This List should be on the 'Port Solent Event…