SORN And Insurance

Didn’t realise you were a Brewers supporter Mick. I’m a Burtonian who moved to Doncaster over 25 years ago. Still follow the Rams and Brewers.

Paul

1 Like

Yes I was up at the Keepmoat 2016 for that vital match (the most boring match ever) but we got the draw and promotion. :ok_hand:
Supported the Rams for many years 60’s 70’s 80’s still do and family still go but the Brewers are my team now.
All gone pear shaped this season, I’m a bit disgruntled with it all, not just because we can’t go but football in general.
Great to hear from another Brewer/Rams. :+1:

Much the same Mick. Started watching Albion early 60’s then Derby. Hopefully Wayne and Jimmy Floyd can work their magic and get both teams up the table. I’m kept up to date on Albion by my brother in law and niece who, in normal times, go to all matches, home and away.

1 Like

Hmmmmm? :thinking: The Audi insurance ran out last night. So, having got an alternative quote at £630 for equivalent cover, tried to renew today. E-sure closed for business completely today and I’ve had a slight change in circumstances so needed to declare. New quote today (online) and gone up to £1150!! That’s quite a lot for 3 points and a £100 fixed penalty. Rang Co-op as they were our insurer half a day ago but they would not treat me as existing customer as we were out of time (12hrs) fair enough. They requoted from the previous renewal of roughly £1150, now gone up to almost £1500!! Crazy prices. Mrs B is now insured in her own right for £800 with yet another company. I rarely use the Audi so a massive saving is worth it for me not to be covered. This brings me to my next point, the 5’s insurance runs out tomorrow, I’m considering renewing it after all, as my insurance covers driving other cars. £222 for the 5, do even with a massive price hike for my indiscretion, I’m hoping I can get a reasonable renewal quote. I realise my cover on the Audi would not be fully comp etc but as said I really don’t use it that often. I hope I’m thinking this out correctly?
Barrie

Are you in the AA, I had some reasonable quotes from them for both the 5 and my Landy. Might be worth a go online just to see what they come up with.

Hi,
Personally I don’t think you are. :face_with_monocle:
Very difficult circumstances agreed.
BUT if you drive the Audi on 3rd party and you get hit (or you hit something, it happens) and unable to get the registration or driver details (as happened to my daughter last August) you will be up the creek without a paddle!
Her saving grace was she was comprehensive.
I take it you have used the various compare sites?
Good luck and hopefully you will get sorted. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

The cheapest time to get a quote for insurance is about 21 days before renewal.

Hiya, thank you, unfortunately not in AA, RAC or whatever :confused:. Insured now for the Audi, need to (possibly) sort the 5, some thinking to do :thinking:
Barrie

Many thanks for the reply :+1:I’ve had a PM from another member regards this and as I own both cars (or at least registered keeper) I don’t think the insurance on the 5 would cover me for the Audi? :thinking:
Barrie

Thanks for that info, it ties in with the previous quote which was a great price, trying again today as stated and its leapt up! :unamused: Anyway, went with the cheaper quote that Mrs B got so at least she’s covered.
Barrie

1 Like

Ahh! Correct, you wouldn’t be insured at all.
I assumed your wife owned/registered the Audi. Keep plodding on :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just a thought. :face_with_monocle:
Not sure whether you can do without the cars for a few weeks or not at the moment?
It may pay you to do some quotes for a few weeks time (as others say) and try and save quite a few quid.
Also you can always cancel the policy (cooling off period at no cost if already taken out).
A matter for your good self. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I was planning originally to SORN and not renew insurance immediately so may just take a chill pill and reflect on the situation I now find myself in :+1:
Thank you
Barrie

2 Likes

Update! After all the back and forward stuff with the insurance etc, I’ve spoke to Lancaster first thing this morning, resurrected the most recent quote of £222 or whatever it was and told them about my motoring indiscretion (SP50) they went back to the underwriters, had to change insurers but came back with same cover levels, SP50 declared plus the outstanding claim on theAudi. All for £2 less than previously! :grinning: So £220 for fully comp, Mrs B on the policy as it made no difference to premium if she wasn’t. Only issue now is my new policy (same as previous one) excludes me from being insured to drive other vehicles. This wasn’t a problem as theAudi insurance did, not anymore though as only Mrs B insured on that new policy. :thinking:
She will ring her insurer and see how much to add me as a named driver. If that proves cost prohibitive, we’ll just stay as we are for now until the Audi court proceedings are settled. I hate this palaver at renewal time! I understand my change in circumstances and having to declare them but all the resulting, “you’ve run out of time”, etc and premium just rising each time you contact them within a 30 day period is quite frustrating :frowning_face:
Barrie

3 Likes

You could look at it from another angle, if and when we are allowed to go to the pub/restaurant make sure you take the Audi and then the wife will have to drive and you can have a few beers. :+1:

1 Like

Behind every cloud and all that jazz! :rofl::rofl:
Barrie

1 Like