South East Members Saturday Convoy meet Beaconsfield Services

I know of at least 4 cars travelling from the SE on the Saturday, anyone else want to join a convoy?

Hi Nick

We’re driving up on the Saturday - stopping near Mansfield in a cheapy Premier Inn, so only at the Rally on the Sunday

Meet at Pease Pottage maybe?

Cheers

Paul & Jenny

we’ll join you in convoy, as long as there’s no more of that hundred mile an hour nonsense, my old boneshaker couldn’t keep up

paul

OK Paul and Paul. We wont be going at a ton. Pease Pottage is the wrong way for us, so I may well suggest that everyone just meets at Beaconsfield Services. Speaking to Rising Sun, we could then pop a little further up the M40 and then cut across and do non motorway to Chatsworth area.

Hi All

Our original plan had been to go to Kedleston Hall National Trust [ DE22 5JH - got to  get best value from our NT Membership!] for about 1- 2pm, have a cultural afternoon there and then on to the Premier Inn overnight. Pub meal en route probably. Short drive to the Rally on the Sunday morning for about 1000hrs.

The Beaconsfield Services is OK for us to meet up, but what plans do you guys have for the Saturday & staying overnight - are you all at the Rally Hotels & aiming to do the Saturday afternoon drives? If so this would be too early for us to get there for 1230hrs Garden Centre Departure for the afternoon run so we would do our own thing.

Paul

Hi Paul, we are staying at the Premier Inn Chesterfield. I think plans at the moment are to have lunch en route, get to the hotel, find the bar, and settle down there for the evening.

Sounds excellent to me…!!

what date is this happening? as i am coming from essex (south east way) so i’d like to join the convoy!

Thanks.

Luke.

18th September. We are probably going to meet at Beaconsfiedl Services now, so keep an eye open on here for more details

Thats great cheers!

We are meeting at Beaconsfield Services on the M40 at 10 a.m with a plan to leave at 10.30. Will work out route from there to the hotel on the day and will probably stop for lunch along the way.

Let us know if you would like to convoy up with us.

Hi all

We’ll be there at the Beaconsfield Services for 1000hrs on the Saturday for the drive up t’north.

If we all want to park together at the rally on the Sunday we need to meet up before going in to Chatsworth. There is a car park with toilets in the village of Baslow - say 0900hrs for 0915hrs departure to drive to the Rally venue?  Here’s a link ;-

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/803733

See you all then!

Paul

Hello nick and jane hope u both okay and the mx5s are all okay i had a lot of trouble this year so not been around much if i get get linda to agree to come to the rally do u think we can meet u at beaconsfiled services as is preety much at our front door if so just email me or drop me a line by calling 07951485884 thanks john and linda waterhouse

Hi John

Of course you can join the convoy, but remember we are all booked inot hotels for the Saturday night, the rally isnt until Sunday. Hope to see you there.

nick thanks for qucik repliey what hotel are u in as i might be able to book a night if its avaible

Its the Premier Inn, Chesterfield North.

okay thank very much just trying to ask linda now

nick how many days do u need to stay at the hotel to get the booking

We are staying just one night, Saturday.