SOUTH WALES SUNDAY RUN 19TH NOVEMBER 2017

This run will be organised by Chris Howells and will take place on Sunday 19th November 2017. (One week earlier than originally planned)

The start will be Morrisons Car Park in Sandfields, Port Talbot SA12 7BZ

Meet at 10.00am for 10.30am start.

The run will involve a run up through the Afan valley up over The Bwlch to Treorchy and then over the Rhigos and on, via Hirwaun, to Brecon. NOT STOPPING AT THE PENDERYN DISTILLERY ON THE WAY (UNFORTUNATELY). Hopefully the cloud will be high enough to enjoy some fantastic views from the top of the Bwlch & Rhigos

Coffee stop will be at the Brecon Mountain Centre for approximately 40 minutes - car park is unfortunately pay and display but not too expensive.

Proceeding via Talybont on Usk through Llangynidr, and up over Llangynidr Mountain (possibly stopping to enjoy the views over Abergavenny & Llangorse Lake, clouds permitting), Tredegar and the Mountain road to Aberbargoed (again spectacular scenery if the clouds permit) to the lunch venue at the Neuadd Wen Public House NP12 0PD (Bedwellty Road Aberbargoed). This is a 560 year old pub which just happens to be within 100yds of my home. If you are interested there is a lot of history to this pub.

Lunch is traditional Roast lunch with choice of Beef, Pork, Chicken or Lamb with a Vegetarian Option (which can be confirmed closer to the run date).

The cost is £6.95 a head for the Roast with deserts extra at £3.50

Deserts are typically as follows:-

Meringues

Cheese Cake

Sticky Toffee Pudding

Chocolate Fudge Cake

Apple Pie

Fruit Cocktail

Bread & Butter Pudding

Will those wishing to eat at the pub please confirm their choice of menu no later than November 10th. Please Contact Chris Howells on 07508 819523 or by e mail on chowells1@yahoo.com 

Although the meal is very reasonably priced, I can confirm that the food is delicious - having eaten there on several occasions. If I can confirm sufficient numbers soon enough 20+, we can have the dining room to ourselves and enjoy our raucous laughter.

Best Regards

Chris

Sounds good Andrew, think we will have to move to Wales.

Will give you a ring at the end of the month.

Mal