SOUTH WALES SUNDAY RUN 25TH FEBRUARY 2018

Our February run on Sunday 25th February 2018 will be organised by Debbie and Mark.

The run we plan is Brecon and the Vale!

Please meet at Cyfarthfa Retail Park (South), Merthyr Tydfil, CF48 1HY. Off the A470 (Just below where the Heads of the Valleys A465 intersects the A470). The car park is huge so we suggest meeting in the middle, towards Costa Coffee (where there are also public toilets next door). Most stores don’t open until 10.30 so we should have ample space at 10.00 for a 10.30 start. We will make our way north towards Brecon, before turning south towards the Vale of Glamorgan.

Coffee stop will be at Hoots Café, Woodland Walk Garden Centre, Heol Creigiau, Efail Isaf, Nr Pontypridd, CF38 1BG. Around 11.45. Parking is free – either in their car park (depending on other customers, or in the lane beside, which is owned by the garden centre. Can everyone try to bring cash – cards are accepted here, but you will need to pay at the main till for the garden centre and this is a pain!

After a coffee we will continue south towards St Fagan’s and the Vale. Weather permitting we plan for a ‘photo’ stop near Southerndown (one for the magazine??).

Lunch will be an Indian buffet at the Raj Kinara, Fontygary Park Fontygary Road, Rhoose, CF62 3DS. This was voted best Indian Restaurant of the Year by the South Wales Echo, (so they say!). There is a selection of 6 starters (Meat and Vegetarian), with salad, Chutneys and poppadum’s. For Main meals there are 4 choices – a mild Chicken Korma type, a hotter Chicken Jalfrezi type, a lamb dish – Balti type, and a vegetable curry. There are a selection of Nan breads, chips and rice. (They can advise on the day regarding Gluten Free – when we visited 3 of the 4 main dishes were gluten free) Cost is £9.95 for as much as you can eat, 2 courses. (Normal price £11.95 – special discount for MX5 owners on the day!). Order drinks from the bar and settle food bills by person at the end.  

Contact Mark and Debbie on mark@global-response.co.uk or text me on 07768 251503 with your names and numbers for the Indian Buffet as I need to let them know in advance. (Please don’t phone my mobile as I won’t answer unnamed numbers!)

Keen for this run out, we have missed a few with my operation and then our wedding. It will be great to catch up… 

Be great to see you both.

Hi - I have both text and emailed, just wanted to check that the message has got through please? If not…

Hello,

Can we please join you on the run on the 25th Feb.

There will be two cars coming.

Drivers are Neil Aubin and Kevin Davies.

Can we book 4 people for the buffet please.

Thanks

Hi Neil
Have forwarded this to mark run organiser by email.

So, we’re both sat here like a pair of right melons in the cafartha retail park thinking it’s very quiet today.  Thought today was the 25th  we new we were early this morning, but a week early is a bit extreme haha…

Bubba my boy… that’s an absolute classic… hope you can make it next Sunday there maybe more cars next week.

On the plus side, at least we can now Book on for lunch as I thought we were to late 

Something good came of it then… see you both next Sunday… that’s next Sunday.

I was guttered I missed this especially as its local to me, Im coming to the one in March :slight_smile: