Southern Coasters/SE Roadsters Hoppers day out on Kent & East Sussex Railway

An invitation from southern coasters/seroadsters

Stand by your 5's it's that time of year again!!

<st1:date year=“2009” day=“13” month=“9”>Sunday, 13th September 2009</st1:date><o:p></o:p>

Kent & East Sussex Railway are looking forward to seeing us again and this year have put the event on their website www.k&esr.co.uk (so I guess I will have to clean the car)!!<o:p></o:p>

Meet at Tenterden Station @ <st1:time minute=“15” hour=“9”>9.15 a.m.</st1:time> and park in the station yard.<o:p></o:p>

Breakfast (optional) in the station buffet<o:p></o:p>

<st1:time minute=“0” hour=“0”>10.45 a.m.</st1:time> train to Bodiam (arrive <st1:time minute=“25” hour=“11”>11.25 a.m.</st1:time>) where you can see the. traditional Hoppers activities & exhibitions which are staged there,  There is a vintage bus service  which you can catch to visit the castle,  the tea rooms, pub, or picnic in the grounds.<o:p></o:p>

Fares (hopefully we will get a discount as last year) £12-80 (£11-80 seniors)  this is a day rover ticket so you can ride the railway all day, getting off at stations on the way should you wish to.<o:p></o:p>

New for this year - there is a boat trip which runs from Bodiam to Newenden and back (takes 1 hour 45mins) and I have booked this for 12noon.  Places are  limited (15) so it will be first come first served I’m afraid.  Fare £10 per person round trip.<o:p></o:p>

Bring a picnic or there are plenty of opportunities to purchase refreshments at Bodiam.<o:p></o:p>

Please can you let me know if you wish to attend this event as I will have to let the railway know numbers the week before the event.  I will be out of the country for a few weeks so would appreciate replies on my email tania_flavin@hotmail.com rather than on my mobile!

Many thanks - Tania<o:p></o:p>

Hi Tania

Sorry Martyn and I cannot make this event, we will be at Mallory Park for the National Rally as this year is the special 15/20 one we decided to go, hope you have fun. I have done 2 years of this visit and I know it is well worth the visit.

Thanks for organising again

Cheers

Sarah  (Mazda Chick)