Spacesaver Wheel storage for NC Roadster

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ 2011 NC Kendo
  2. I’m based near: __ Truro
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

Spacesaver wheel storage options for longer runs, with a passenger.

2 Likes

In the boot, on a boot rack, on the passengers knee or least favourable bolted to the bonnet Land Rover style.:grin::woozy_face:

Seriously the first two options are better or go without and make sure your breakdown cover covers punctures for recovery purposes.

Hi

The 16inch space saver fits snugly in the boot. However, my newer NC has 17inch wheels and the 17inch alloy space saver will still fit in the boot but you will need to deflate it a little to squeeze it in

We did a road trip around northern France last summer with the spare in the boot with no worries

Thanks

Russ

1 Like

There’s no point really cause if you need to use the space saving spare, where would you then put the failed full size wheel and tyre.

1 Like

We travelled with the boot rack just in case, and also to cater for anything we bought in France

But generally, when I don’t have the boot rack fitted, I have a rolled up mat of thin rubber and a couple of bungees in case I need to place the deflated wheel on the boot lid

R

3 Likes

Depends where you are going, NBFL’s have a space saver, but I am thinking of going beyond Europe when I retire so I will probably ditch the space saver in favour of a full size spare which I may need to cover many hundreds if not thousands of miles in countries without motoring rescue services as we know them in Europe.

I’m actually thinking of removing passenger seat and using its sliding rails as a base to fix a frame to which I could attach full size spare wheel.
Anyone tried/seen anything like it?

On the passenger’s lap,of course!