Speaker problem 2006 NC1800

The small door speakers in my 1800 NC have stopped working not sure were to start looking can anybody help.

First of all you need to make sure the speakers themselves are OK or not.

If sound is coming from the main speaker in that door (non Bose system) then the signal is getting there from the amp and the problem is either the tweeter or the wiring or the hi-pass capacitor on the tweeter. Bose usually has separate feed to the tweeter from the amp and a whole new can of worms.

This all means taking off the door trim. Then you have access to the two speakers, bass and tweeter. Briefly dab a 1.5V battery across the tweeter terminals and it should click, if not it’s dead and needs replacement.

See the guide on how to take it all apart on the Mellens website
http://www.mellens.net/mazda/Mazda-Miata-2006-2007/entertainment.pdf

Be aware of water getting into the speakers from inside the door, there should be protection in place.

Thanks for replying,what i have done is replaced the speakers with a pair of bose speakers but i have no sound from the old and the new. johno

If you unplug the larger speakers but leave the smaller ones connected do they work then?

I’m sure I recall that Bose systems used a different resistance in some installations, check the ratings on all speakers.

no have not tried that thanks

Thanks