Speakers in headrest ND Model

Hi,

i brought a 2016 ND 1.5 Icon, the car has speakers in the headrest on the drivers side but not the passengers, this is disappointing- can these be retro fitted to the passengers headrest??

if so can someone point me in the right direct

regards

Stimmy

Not sure on the actual answer to your question, but in my Mk4 with speakers in both seats you can barely tell they are there until a phonecall is made. It is an area of disappointment for me.

I too would be interested in this ‘upgrade’ so will watch this thread with bated breath.

You can increase the volume of the headrest speaker by using the ‘fader’ control in the settings menu. 

I don’t believe the passenger seat has the internals for speakers, wiring, brackets etc. As said, use the fader control to increase the volume. They are mostly used for phone calls.

If I were you I’d ask my dealer &/or Mazda UK as they’ve both been very helpful with queries I’ve had.

In my car, even if the fader is used the speakers are still very quiet when doing anything other than phonecalls (and it makes the front speakers quieter). Certainly nowhere near as loud as the ones in a Mk1 for example.

Hi team

I have a 2 litre N.d Sport and have balanced the speakers to have  most of the volume coming from the headrest speakers,as when at speed can hardly hear the door speakers,verty pleased overall,obv still certain amount of wind noise.

simon

How is this done exactly?

https://www.mazda.co.uk/buying-owning/product-features-and-manuals/#vf1kVutobc8Jl8uc.97. You need to look here and then go to page 5-51 and all will be revealed.

Hi Mad Malc,

Thank you for your reply, i’m struggling to find that page, could you please explain the answer?

Thank you also to all that have replied

regards

Stimmy

Go to the link and chose MX5, then chose manuals, then chose manual download. When downloaded scroll down to the page I indicated.

Everything is in the download so it is worth reading through to glean all the facilities on the car.

The satnav manual is also there so I would suggest downloading that as well. You will then have all the answers readily to hand.

Cheers, I’ll look tomorrow 

I tested a Sport Nav before choosing my ND. That had the Bose system and headrest speakers in both headrests. Lower spec gets just the one as standard from what I can see.

I think you may not have read the first post in this thread   .

Actually did, I also have an RF SE-L NAV with the drivers seat having the speakers only, the point I was trying to make is that the Bose system had both headrests with speakers.

Being a cheapskate I also got a SE-L NAV (2018) but now would like to add seat speakers to the passenger side.
It would be easy to do if there is an output on the Tuner/Amp for these speakers. I don’t want to pull all the panels off just to find out and can’t see this from any of the manuals. It seems likely to me there is as it would be costly to make 2 different units.

So my question is, has anyone dug into the dash far enough to see this or has any knowledge if there is such an output. Picture anyone?

Thanks in advance for the multitude of informed replies.

I considered this as I felt sure the loom in the seat would be there. I never found it as I abandoned the idea when I saw how difficult it was to get to the place where the speakers go. There is an online ND manual that gives the instructions. Sorry the link is not to hand.
We got a 30AE instead!!!
:heart: