Speakers nc Bose 6 CD 2011 kendo replacement

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2011 nc kendo Bose 6 cd

2. I’m based near: __ni

3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __replacing door speaker
    Hi all , got a rattle from left door speaker think it s blown , any suggestions for quality replacement , like my tunes up high, make model would be appreciated thanks

my sport tech has the bose system and the right door speaker was blown when i got it.
i looked at after market options but it seems to fit and after market you havee to start cutiing things and theres no adaptor rings avaible to avoid cutting.
i eventually found a pair of bose door speakers on ebay! that had been salvaged from a scrap bose nc!
paid like £50 for a pair.
i can post a picture of the spare one if that will help you find the correct replacment as there are 2 types of door speaker for the nc (bose, non bose) and people on ebay dont always label things correctly

1 Like

The Bose system has 200mm round bass speakers with separate tweeters.
Non bose has 7 x 5 oval bass speakers with separate tweeters

For the Bose system
The only speakers that seem to be recommended are the Focal ISU200
The bass speaker is the correct fit but you need to make a small bracket to get the tweeter in place.

NOTE - the Bose speakers are only 2ohm speakers - all aftermarket are 4ohm
Any 4ohm speaker is going to sound quieter than a 2ohm speaker at the same volume setting

Thanks cbrdeano, appreciated

There is one listed by a breaker on a certain 'bay. Not cheap but …

I found this some time back if it helps - just realised it says 1ohm for bose door speakers

Hi Thibor , thanks for above , never easy , yes if you could send me a photo of the one you have , that would be great . Thanks

there you go mate