Special Edition Display

The British Motor Museum is a fantastic space to be able to display MX-5s!
In 2014 we had an incredible colour coded display of early MX-5 and at this years event we hope to have an display of at least one of every UK Special Edition of the MX-5, spanning all the generations from the earliest Limited Edition MK1 through to the very latest RF.

Spaces will naturally be limited and depending on numbers may be drawn at random, If selected you will be issued separate pass and instructions to arrive at the Rally.

You should be able to display your vehicle on Sunday 24th September at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire from the show opening until the breakdown period. Vehicles in this display will be unable to enter the car competitions. There will be a limited edition momento for only and all owners in this display as a gesture of thanks.

Please if you know you are unable to attend this event please do not apply, thank you.

To Apply please visit the dedicated web page
http://www.nationalrally.co.uk/special-edition-display.html

or direct on the form

https://goo.gl/forms/VrXuF8cPu1KGWrN43

Information on places will follow to all applicants closer to the event.

Iain, when will people be notified if they have been selected to display their car?

To reiterate a question by other user. When will we receive notification if we have been selected for the special edition display…?

The last sentence says it all:

Information on places will follow to all applicants closer to the event.

Still 6 weeks to run…

John

Hi Guys,

I need to leave sufficient time from the last copy of the magazine to allow people time to apply and I am checking on what gaps in the line up we have.

The process will run until around the 26th, when we have a pre Rally meeting and we can go through the positioning of the display all around the Rally and the parking requirements.

I will email everyone who has applied around that weekend, a month before the rally.

Due respect John, but that could mean 6 weeks, 3 weeks or 2 days before. Fortunately, Iain has now given a much more helpful response.  

Due respect Pete, but I’m sure 6 weeks, 3 weeks or 2 days before, when Iain is ready we will know. I also thought his first post was helpful enough, hence my response. I did not intend to be rude only stating what was clearly written.

John

Painted my calipers at the weekend just in case I get picked but if not I still have my nice clean calipers

Running through the list tonight and we have a couple of gaps still showing

Mk1

BBR Turbo
SE (2nd Edition)

Mk2

Euphonic
Montana
Phoenix
SE

Mk3
Venture (NC3)

Mk4
Icon

If you own any of these be delighted to have your car on the display. Please register as above.

Many thanks

Hi Folks,

We visited the Museum on Saturday to finalise the position of the display at the event (right in the middle).

I will pull down the information from the application database tomorrow and will begin to contact all who have applied then.

The selection for special edition cars where there are multiple entries will be drawn at random using an online number generator with an equivalent field to match the numbers of cars of that model. e.g. https://www.random.org

We only have space to be able to exhibit one of each car in the event and where possible will select an A and B car from the list, with an initial offer being made to the owners of the A car and reserve offer to the B car, which will be offered should the A car not be able to attend. additional arrangements will be in place on the day for reserve cars.

Hope that makes sense and will be in touch with everyone shortly.

ND ICON BOOKED IN

Thanks Mal, Just downloading the information now. might take a while!

That took a while.

Will be emailing all the elected owners tonight and tomorrow

The gaps in the line are as follows and it you own one of these fine specimens and would like to display it at the Rally, please do get in touch. There is a special little thank you to all on the display.

BBR
Mazda MX-5 BBR TURBO

SE2

Mazda MX-5 SE (2nd Release)

Classic

Mazda MX-5 Classic

SE

Mazda MX-5 SE

Euphonic

MX-5 Euphonic

Montana

MX-5 Montana

Can anyone confirm that they have received an email from Iain either way? I still don’t know if I have been picked or not… Cheers Mike. 

Mike, I have confirmed with the first crop of owners and just working through some drop outs, the next batch is about to go out.

Good Morning Ian,

I had an email last night but it has no content just the subject? just thought I would let you know in case it was a mistake.

Thanks Iain

We’re travelling quite a distance to the rally and this is a new thing for us but I guess its something others have experienced.

Once you’ve traveled many miles and collected rain and bugs along the way…

How to wash your car before it goes on display?

Are there facilities on site or do Valeting Businesses attend (if you trust them to touch your pride and joy)

any advice?

Thanks

I’ve received my “Reserve List” email, along with a download link to a form to leave in the windscreen while in the usual owners’ car park in case they might still need the car.

So I guess I’ll still take along the bottles of water and the microfibres etc to clean off the fly-splats…