Spring Day at Brooklands FAQs

1  Where is the Event?  The event is being held at Brooklands Museum Brooklands Road,?Weybridge,?Surrey KT13 0QN

2  When is the Event and what are the opening hours? Sunday 27th April 2014 10.00am - 4:00pm. Rally programme starts from 10.30am.

3  How do I get there? Brooklands is just a few minutes from Junction 10 on the M25 between Weybridge and Byfleet and can be found by leaving the A3 at the Painshill junction and follow the A245 towards Byfleet - thereafter look out for the brown ‘Brooklands Museum’ signs.
PLEASE NOTE On the Day we will be using the Campbell gates Use Satnav postcode KT13 0QN, Some local MX-5 Signage will be hung on the day in the close proximity to the correct entrance. The Campbell Gates entrance is separate from the main visitor car park where only pedestrian access is possible.

4  How much are tickets into the venue?
The Club is offering a free ticket to each membership and additional discounted tickets for £9 if you require them. Tickets are required before you arrive. To book and purchase tickets please visit http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/tickets--events-29-c.asp
For anyone arriving on the day without a ticket they will pay the normal Museum admission prices which vary per event. Non-members will pay the Museum’s regular entrance prices on the day.

5  Can I buy a ticket on the day? Yes, on access to the Museum site at the Campbell Gates tickets will be available on the day.

6  Is car parking free? Yes, Admission to the site includes parking for MX-5s within the grounds, other vehicles will be directed to the main Museum car park.

7  Is there disabled access? It is mandatory that we offer a disabled car park, please show your Blue badge on arrival to the marshals to gain access to the allocated disabled parking area beside the main gate. Brooklands Museum is a large open air museum with many period buildings and exhibits, some with stepped access. All exhibits are wheelchair accessible. However there is no wheelchair access on board our aircraft, which all have steps (including Concorde). The Concorde Simulator is fully accessible with ramped access.

8  Are children welcome? Yes, it is best to purchase child tickets on the day to ensure that the best rate is paid for the appropriate age of child. Over 16s will require an adult ticket.

9  Are there any concessions? Our Advance ticket is the best available rate for visiting Brooklands on the day for adults and senior citizens.

10 Are there crèche facilities? No

11 How can I get a printed programme? Please register on arrival at the club tents to receive your information on the programme and event plaque.

12 What is the main programme schedule? Please check this MX-5 Owners Club Forum and April STHT for further details. See your Event programme on the day. In advance expectation for programme items are:
Welcome and opening 10.40am,
Test Hill A.M. Session 11-12
Lunchtime music and entertainment 12.30-1.3
Test Hill P.M. Session 2-3pm
Competition and Prize giving 3-3.30pm
Closing 3.30-3.45pm

13 Who are the celebrities? VIP attendance is being discussed.

14 Can I join the Club on the day? Yes special event introductory pricing is available on the day. Please ask at the club membership desks for more details.

What is the medical/first aid procedure? Please advise an onsite steward of any incident. First Aid services are available at the Museum or minor

15 What is the procedure in the event of a fire? Please advise an onsite steward immediately if fire is discovered and follow all instructions and guidance to evacuate a premises or site.

16 Are dogs allowed? Unfortunately no dogs are permitted on site - Assistance dogs (guide dogs and hearing dogs for the deaf) are welcome throughout the Museum.

17 Where are the nearest toilets? There are toilets at the Clubhouse (Radar Key) and Jackson Shed. Please ask or follow signage. Toilets are Accessible to wheelchair users

18 Is there a bus service to the Event? Many bus routes run near to the Event, please see http://www.surreycc.gov.uk/?a=168672 for local route guidance

19 Is there a Rail service to the Event? The nearest Station is Weybridge, which is only a short wall from the Brooklands Museum

20 Is there a cash machine on site? No. The nearest cash machine is located Tesco. Brooklands Extra Barnes Wallis Drive Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XF

21 Where are the nearest shops? There are local shops in Weybridge and the Tesco. Brooklands Extra, Barnes Wallis Drive Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XF

22 Where is the nearest petrol station? The nearest petrol station is Shell, Brooklands Road Weybridge, Surrey County KT13 0RP
The nearest supermarket fuel is at Tesco. Brooklands Extra Barnes Wallis Drive Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0XF

23 Can I take pictures / video at the event? Yes, however the sale of images from Brooklands is restricted by copyright, please speak to the Museum for further details.

24 Can I park next to my friends? If you arrive together it is likely that you’ll be parked next to each other. The Brooklands site is laid out with a road network around the exhibits and the whole site will be used which means cars will be parked according to the space of the venue and all parking will be conducted by Brooklands’ Marshals

25 Where is the nearest accident and emergency unit?  St Peter’s Hospital Guildford Road Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PZ 01932 872000

26 There wasn’t a hanger in my STHT? There are no vehicle passes required for this event all visitors both driver and passenger need to have a ticket. Tickets are required before you arrive, or: To book and purchase advance tickets please visit http://store.mx5oc.co.uk/tickets–events-29-c.asp

27 Can I exhibit or trade at the event? Yes, we have spaces available, please email events(at)mx5oc.co.uk for details

28 Will there be Car Competitions at the event? Yes, details can be found in this thread, and Club members can seek further advice in this thread.

Will I need a crash helmet for Test Hill? No, crash helmets are not required for Test Hill if you are in an MX-5.