Spring Rally 2015

Spring Rally, Saturday April 18th, Oulton Park, Cheshire.

Who will be going ???

Saturday, bad day to those who has to travel a long way and can’t get the day of work on Friday.

Alan
Depends what’s on Sunday
Regards
Ray

Surely the same could be said if it was on a Sunday and you had to work on the next day?

If it is half the rally Gaydon was it’ll be booking a day off work, be it a Friday or a Monday.

MEEEEEEE

Already booked the hotel and hoping for a great rally with some track time too.

I’ll be there. If Brooklands and Gaydon are anything to go by it will be fantastic . 

Hi all. Any idea what time the show starts/ gates open ? Looks like me and my son will be going. I think it,ll be about an hours run for us from Coventry so will drive up on the morning do the show then decide if to stay somewhere overnight or drive back. You never know I might arrange another convoy from the midlands again !

Theres a small group of us already booked in the local Warner hotel Alvaston Hall for the entire weekend so we are making a holiday of it!

I’m a newbie to all this (owned my 5 for 18 months), but was drawn to the Club by the talk of the Spring Rally. 

Would love to know some more info. Everyone who turns up - are their 5s put ‘on show’, or just a select few? 

Do people camp? Any info appreciated as love the idea of being amongst so many lovely 5s! 

No details yet… would guess 10am ???  Club magazine says full details on Entrance times etc. will be in the next issue.

Depends on event format but usually Display cars are the entries into the Best cars competitions - normally pre-booked.

Sometimes each area is given a small area to display a few cars

Camping - yes sometimes there is camping see main events forum for details.

Definitely going, only had MX 5 since December but can’t wait for April and hopefully top down driving. 

2001 Mk2 1.6 bog standard 

Some good questions

I am with Cheshire and North Wales assisting organisation.

There is a race meeting on so usual venue opening times apply (which is early !) the Chequers Restaurant does a great breakfast

The OC events will get going between 10 and 11

We have invited all the Area Coords to let us know if they want to bring a shelter ( which we are encouraging !) Hope to get them an area with a great view of the on track action

Everything is going to be close together, with  Car Competitions, Traders, Mk4 display at the centre close to the handling circuit, with car parking adjacent

As to camping we don’t know yet but suggest you keep an eye on the Oulton PArk MSV website as they usually do something but you will have to book with them direct.

See you all there. Going up Friday fro Aldershot, staying just south of Shrewsbury, driving in Saturday then back to same pub Saturday night. Returning home Sunday.

For Oxford Area members staying for the full weekend, what’s your plans for the Sunday ?

South West Midlands will be there,