Spring Rally FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Where is the Spring Rally?   Ashton Court Mansion, Ashton Court Estate, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9JN - See local signage for specific entrance details.

When is the Rally and what are the opening hours? Sunday 23rd April, Event Gates Open at 10.30am - 4:00pm. Rally programme commences 11.00am.

How much are tickets?
 This years Spring Rally event is free to all.

Are there any concessions? N/A

Are children welcome? Yes. Please ensure you accompany your children at all times. 

What is the price for car parking? Parking is free for all in attendance. MX-5 will be parked in priority position in main parking area.

Is there disabled access?  Yes, please clearly display your Blue Badge before arriving on site.  Marshals will direct you to the disabled parking area.

Are there crèche facilities? No 

I am not a member and in an MX-5 where will I park? Priority is given to all Member MX-5s, non-member and other vehicle owners may be parked in the public car park

Can I park next to my friends? If you arrive together you will be parked next to each other. 

As a member, can I come in another car that is not an MX-5? Yes, you will be directed to the public car parking area

Are there Area Member meeting points? No  

How can I get a printed programme? Please bring your Membership card to the Welcome desks to receive your rally pack.

What is the main programme schedule? This is a largely a social event with additional activities to get involved with on the day.

Can I join the Club on the day? Yes special introductory Rally pricing is available on the day. Please ask at the club membership desks for more details.

Is this a track event? No

Can I drive at the event? Yes, we are arranging with Mazda for opportunities to drive in the new MX-5 RF - This activity will be sign up on the day.

What is the medical/first aid procedure? Please advise one of our many site stewards or marshals of any incident, they will take you to the medical provision on site.

What is the procedure in the event of a fire? If fire is discovered please advise an on-site steward immediately, do not tackle.

Are dogs permitted? Ashton Court is a public park and there is plenty of space to walk your dog around the park. Please keep on a lead at the Rally site and don’t forget to pick up after your dog.

Where are the nearest toilets? Toilets are available on site. Please see programme, ask for directions or follow signage.

Is there camping on site?  No

Is there a bus service to the Rally? Local Buses are available - not provided by the Club.

Is there a cash machine on site? No. The nearest cash machines are in Clifton.

Where are the nearest shops? There are local shops in Clifton and the nearest Sainsburys is 46-56 Queens Rd, Clifton, Bristol BS8 1RE (5.3 miles)

Where is the nearest petrol station? The nearest petrol station is Esso, Hotwell Road, Bristol BS8 4RP open 24hrs (5.9 miles)

Where is the nearest Hospital with an accident and emergency unit?  Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS10 5NB(5.5 miles)

Where can I stay? Holiday Inn, Filton Rd, Winterbourne, Bristol BS16 1QX

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/gb/en/bristol/brsfr/hoteldetail  

See soft top hardtop magazine (February 2017) for details of the hotel and club rates. Call 0117 9104271 quoting code ‘CBA’ when booking. 

Can I take pictures / video at the event? Yes, but please note no aerial photography is permitted.

Will there be food available? Yes there will be a number of catering units offering various food types on site.

Can I bring a picnic? Yes, you will be able to picnic anywhere in the park.

Where can I find out more about the venue?

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/web/ashton-court-mansion  

Will I enjoy my day out? Yes!!! This is set to be a fantastic Rally with a few extra special treats and surprises. Please remember this is an outdoor event at an outdoor venue while there will be covered areas, we ask that you are prepared for any weather.