Spring Rally Pitlochry

Well folks it is almost upon us, the wait is nearly over, only a few more days to go. The hard work is paying off and i have to thank my fellow Tayside members for all thier help and assistance over the past 18 months since i proposed it at the AGM in 2011 !!

Visited Pilochry today to hand out event flyers and to visit the “Fishers Hotel” to ensure all in in order for Saturday night meal and dance, it is !!

Also spoke with Perth & Kinross Council who kindly allowed us to hold our rally on the Recreation Ground in Pitlochry,I also found them very easy and helpfull to work with.

Friday

The work party will be onsite  in the morning to prepare the site for the weekend, to put up signs (do not want anyone to get lost!) mark out the field for cars and traders alike.

Marque is being delivered and erected on Friday so they will have to be directed to their spot too.

Saturday,

Is meet and greet and all the runs will be departing from the rally field, please note that if you want to "run together" please arrive together so that you can be directed to the correct spot on the field by the marshall's.

Guided tours around the Blair Atholl Distillery 10;30 - 3.30pm cost is £6.50 per person, our if you  can get a group of 20 price drops to £4.00 each !!

Sunday

Rally day !!  full program of events taking place all day, car compititions, Classic car display, 4 x 4 display, Honda Goldwing display, to name a few,plus a variety of motor trade stalls and other mixed stalls including some for the “ladies” !!

Onsite catering for all taste buds.

Things to do around the rally site,

cross the suspension walk bridge over the River Tay to the Pitlochry Festival Theatre, they are doing a Guided Garden Walk @ 11.30am on Sunday 19th  2 mins walk cost £4.00 per person.

Take a short run “up the road” and visit Scotland’s smallest distillery www.edradour.com

For the braver amongst you have a drive to either Aberfeldy, for the white water rafting experience www.freespirits-online.co.uk or try canoeing at Grantully www.canoeslalom.co.uk

Take a 5 drive to Killiecrankie and take a jump !!   www.bungeejumpscotland.co.uk/

Also for the ladies, take a 5 minute walk to the Heathergems factory off on the main road where you can see tradional Scottish jewellery being made out of silver and pewter. See them at work or visit the large shop where they have a sale on because they are clearing stock to make way for new lines, all are discounted with sale prices upto 40 % off !!

We are all looking forward to seeing in Pitlochry so please drive safely, have regular stops, enjoy the drive and take care. 

Make sure that you have not forgotten anything and check the car fluids and tyres before you depart. see you all at the weekend in Pitlochry.

And as we say in here,

fàilte gu Alba

Diolch yn fawr ( as we say in Wales) - or, Thank you very much(as the saesneg/sassenachs say)

Looking forward to it
I have put in a request for good weather with the Weather Gods… so here’s hoping Cool