Spring Rally - Show'n'shine?

With Mal’s departure as Comps co-ordinator, and no news (that I’ve seen) of a replacement, is it OK to assume that the comps will be happening at Elvington, in their usual format?
If so, who best to contact for an entry form?

Thanks,
Steve

With six weeks until the Spring Rally there has been no official notification of any competitions or a coordinator that I have seen.

There doesn’t appear to be an advert for Mal’s replacement either.

No problem Speedy, you don’t have to spend the week before polishing the car. Just turn up at the Rally and chill!

Laughing I’ll probably still clean and polish think they call it OCD Cool

Hi Steve

There will be a show and shine, just sorted out some details on how we can proceed this week. Things will be online soon to register and details in the next magazine.

It’ll be an exterior & cabin only competition, nothing under the hoods or body, the competitions manual and scoring will still be utilised.

This plan will mean it will be possible to compete in the show and shine and then participate in the world record attempt.

You’ll appreciate that going into the planning of this event without a comps coordinator posed some issues.

The position will be advertised in the upcoming STHT

Well, do I put of going to Spain for a few days to enter if it’s “an exterior & cabin only competition”… Maybe…

Bettabuilda, what do you think?

www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst112879_So-Long-UK--------Hello-Spain.aspx

John

I was wondering if My ND can enter, but she was registered in August a2016 and the bar is March 2016 - why not have a calendar year ?

( I appreciate you want to prevent brand new cars but I’m nearly three years old )

I’ve been working on my minor cosmetic changes and hoped to enter her into the show.

[steve grovels a little, holds breath and waits for favorable reply]

Please let me know 

Best regards

Steve

I think the short answer is no. But I suspect you will be ok later in the year at the National. There has to be a line for lots of things in life and the odds say you will be the wrong side of it sometimes.

Will or be possible to do show and shine, world record and track time? 

Thanks 

Yes, it should be possible to take part in them all and part of the reason why the comps are show and shine - but just to note the trophies will be handed out during the track slot.

Tickets and more info coming up this weekend for everyone.

Brilliant i am going to try all three then 

Don’t forget to buy you ‘track’ ticket from the club online shop, they may go quickly.

ok cheers 

Just noticed you are showing as ‘registered’ and not ‘Owners Club Member’ so unless you join the club the Show and Shine along with the Track Driving may not be available to you. The World Record parade laps will be available to everyone in any MX5.

Ah ok i better join up then 

out of interest how many spaces are available for show and shine 

and do i need to register for it ?

thanks 

Sorry just spotted your post. You need to go to here. http://www.springrally.co.uk/.   and click on show and shine where you can register.

Competition Paddock now Full

Yep all done thanks Iain… My first oc event