spring rally

Your point about the fears of a split club is quite valid Paul.

I’ve read postings on this forum about parts of this club going their own way (the North West section immediately springs to mind I seem to recall), and this must be to the detriment of the club as a whole.

It seems to be that a large proportion of members now converse though Facebook, which is a shame because I can’t get on with it.

We seem to be going off-topic here again, and I’m sorry about that - I was just commenting on another member’s posting.

To get back to the spring rally - yes, thanks to everyone who managed to post pictures (some feat I would expect, the way this forum is acting up recently!). Judging by the photos, there seems to have been a good turnout, although along with the poor weather, reports of traders cancelling at the last minute, and apparently the Spitfire hangar being closed, perhaps not quite as successful a day as last year’s event in Bristol, where we were blessed with some lovely sunshine - still, that’s England for you !

I couldn’t make it this time because I was under the weather (sorry, no pun intended !), but I’ll be looking forward to hearing when and where next year’s rally will be held.

I noticed in one photo, that another member has a Galaxy Grey NC with black alloys like mine - shame I missed you fella !

neil would this be your car?

Jim

Well as you know I was certainly there & my Mk3 is in lovely Galaxy Grey but my wheels are a OE silver so I’m not the fellow member Chris is searching for…sorry to disappoint.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad I suppose 

Atb

Neil

That would be my Mk3 with the anthracite grey alloys! Good spot! Just had them done a couple of weeks ago! Didn’t see many NC’s with dark alloys!

That would be my Galaxy Grey NC with dark anthracite grey alloys! Good spot! :smiley: I just recently had them powder coated! Needed to get them done ready for Goodwood! So glad i did, they look great! Ill be at the Nationals in September so hopefully look out for me there!

The dark-coloured wheels were one of the features that attracted my wife and I to our present 5 when we saw it on the dealer’s forecourt.  They are rather unusual, and seem to go with the Galaxy grey body very nicely.  We have been tempted to get the roof re-sprayed, or perhaps wrapped, to match the alloys, but not gotten around to it yet.

Most MX-5s one sees have ‘natural’, silver-coloured wheels, and these make the cars look very pretty.  Dark-coloured ones give the car a more ‘butch’ look (couldn’t think of a more appropriated term off the top of my head !).

Enjoy the summer.