Spring Rally

Hi All, don’t know if I’m just not looking in the right place but i cant find much info on the Spring Rally anywhere on the website or forum - I’m probably just blind or something but looking to get hotels booked etc asap so could do with some more info :slight_smile: All help greatly appreciated! 

Here:

http://www.springrally.co.uk/

Sorry didn’t read it properly, not updated for 2019 yet.

You’ll need a tardis for that one.

WHEN: 28th April 2019
WHERE: Yorkshire Air Museum
Elvington
York YO41

http://yorkshireairmuseum.org/

The event is being hosted by Yorkshire Ridings, Iain Fleming usually updates the Spring Rally web page around the time the event is launched in the next edition of Soft Top Hard Top

From the minutes of the AC’s meeting in October 2018

The Club visited Elvington in 2009, with a successful event, so this is a return after 10 years. The site has a track, an air museum and much more and is an ideal venue for such an anniversary event. There will be track events, to include auto solo and passenger rides with professional drivers, and sprints.

Car runs on the Saturday lead by the Yorkshire area are planned

2018 at Goodwood see burtonm post

Oops !! Didn’t read it properly, sorry.

Hi Tim

There is a heck of a lot that is converging on this year’s spring Rally and it’s going to be quite something!
We are trying our best to leverage the best out of all the options and parties involved for the day  and it will all be set to go live just as soon as possible.

The Venue and date are assured and we do have a hotel option lined up - will be posted this weekend and content is going in to the Next STHT and live links posted 

The forum and Spring Rally websites will be updated over the next week.

You say that ahead of every rally!

well it’s true, but especially for this one… 

That’s awesome thanks Burton :) 

Fantastic! It’s the hotel options I’m interested in :wink: It’s my wedding anniversary that weekend ha ha 

You won’t want the one I’m about to book then at just over £30 pn, her indoors will want a bit of luxury a bit of pampering.

Ours too (40th)… :slight_smile:

…and my birthday (39th), it’s looking to be quite a celebration…

What’s with the Spring Rally site? Front talks about this year at Elvington and then when you go in to look at what’s on it’s either nonsense or still referring to last year at Goodwood. For instance:

• "World Record" - click and it talks about 'Spin and Slide' at Goodwood (all sold out in case anyone was wondering)
  • "Take to the Track" - all about helicopter flights, again at Goodwood
  • "Yorkshire Air Museum" - book yourself a delightful afternoon tea at Goodwood House (sorry, also now sold out!)
  • "Show and Shine" - helpfully provides the application form for 2018.

Appreciate details are being finalised etc but I don’t see the point of doing a half-arsed job of updating the rally website. Can I respectfully suggest the club either updates it properly or don’t do anything until there’s something useful to upload. 

Pete appreciate the heads up, if not the delivery.

Site carries forward from year to year, I thought the links were deactivated, but evidently not, this will be updated now.  
New information will not be updated for a few days the front page and top navigation will all remain active - at present the site is a place holder for dates times and directions. Programme will follow later.

I think PeteG should respectfully be a bit more patient. Does he not realise the amount of work Iain puts in to bring these events together.

Respectfully, it’s not about being impatient but rather being concerned about the impression this creates for members and non-members alike. We’re all directed towards the dedicated website for the rally so I don’t think it’s asking too much that it be updated in a coherent way. Like I said I appreciate details are still being finalised (and yes, I am only too aware of how much work Iain puts in) so the easy solution to this would be to simply deactivate all the links and have a front page with the message “2019 details coming soon” or something similar. At least that way users don’t encounter the rather confused mix of information that I did.

I was looking because I was genuinely interested to see what’s going to be happening. OK, maybe I was being a bit harsh saying it was half arsed and actually it was intended to be tongue in cheek (glad you noticed Dave ) but be honest, if you were new to the club, interested in going to the rally and then saw the website in that state, wouldn’t you think the same?  

p.s. Iain, you do a fantastic job and I’m sure the rally will be excellent 

Pete appreciated. I didn’t take any offence, just could have been worded better.

Trying to balance the demands for information against the various stages of the elements that are coming together on this Spring Rally.
I don’t do half arsed and I like to try to make sure that everything that people need to know is correct when it comes time to publish it.

The links were a genuine oversight, they were embedded in the pictures not the text and I had missed them when rejigging, luckily enough it had been up for about a very short time when I spotted the message, so no real harm, I just don’t like to completely delete the previous Rally information until things are all attended to

There are a few more things to come and go with the Yorkshire team and some updates will follow.

Finally while I may be the person doing the job, the success of our Rallies is down to the many, many people who all help to make them happen and of course all the members who come along and make them the great days they are.