St Ives via Zennor and Madron to Penzance in Cornwall

Fantastic run this evening to St Ives, then chased the best sunset I can ever recall along the Cornish coastal road towards St. Just. We turned off part way along, just after Morvah sign marked Penzance 5 miles and found a new (to us) wide-ish lane across country, with twisty bits, climbs and straight pieces all to ourselves. Two weeks in to owning the 5 and loving it!  (Sadly no pics, there was no way my phone would do it justice, so we just soaked it all in.)

It is indeed a great road Phil - are you on holiday or local ?  I live within 10 miles of that drive and never tire of it …   Her’s a picture of my Mk1 on same road near the St. Ives end.

Done that one myself in the “5” quite a few times - I usually start from the Penzance end though & then head up the coast to St Ives.  Brilliant run on a sunny day!  Photo’s on the little side road down to Pendeen near Geevor.

Totally local. Around 20 miles from there. I am going to get a wash and polish and head down for some shots. 

We had such a good time on Saturday we went down and did the same again on Monday afternoon. I have been down far west in the past but appreciate it more in the 5.

Beautiful road, like so many in that neck of the woods. I worked in Penzance and Trevorrian Farm, near Sennen, many years ago and stayed in Nancledra. Some fabulous roads but the one from St Ives to St Just and on round to Penzance is just the best. I visited about 18 months ago and made sure I did that route, but in my wife’s Peugeot. 

We drove from Lands End to St. Ives via the coastal Road sadly not in my MX5 we were in the Wife’s Fiesta but what a lovely Road only wish I had been in my 5. The reason for the Fiesta my darling Wife didn’t think we would get all our luggage in an MX5. So I wound her up all holiday by going there’s an MX and another etc.  Lovely Roads and a lovely County you lucky people living down there.

Yep, extremely lucky to live where we are. The beauty makes up somewhat for the length of time it takes to go somewhere else. I hear what you are saying re the packing.

This is a great road. I’ve done it a few times myself. I also enjoy the glyn valley portion of the A38 if you can find a quiet time! Is there a cornish 5’s club? I’d love to meet some local 5’ers!