Stack Gauges - Weekend Project

A little project that kept me amused this weekend…

5 Likes

I like that alot.
May I ask how you get your gauges working please?
I’m particularly interested if you used senders and if so, where you sited them.
I was investigating an oil temperature gauge but went with voltmeter, clock and vacuum gauges eventually.
Nice little project and super result well done. :+1:

1 Like

Yes - the gauges come with the relevant senders.

The water temperature gauge is located in the top radiator hose; its not the best location as obviously it will only measure temperature at this position if the thermostat is open, but I couldnt be bothered with either tapping the block or installing a coolant redirect kit.

The oil temperature and pressure are fitted to an oil filter sandwich plate that goes between the oil filter and the block. It has three ports for senders but I’ve left one of them blanked off as its not needed.

Cabling is shielded inside conduit for a pseudo-oem look, and penetrates the firewall via the central grommet (which I sliced open, and then resealed with flexible rubber sealant).

Thanks for the guidance.
A sandwich plate adaptor on the oil filter didn’t occur to me…doh!
Perhaps it’ll be something to look into for the future. :thinking:
I suppose the only time a water temperature gauge becomes very important is once the thermostat is open anyway?

Kinda…it depends on what you’re using the gauge for.

If you’re using it as your only reference point to ensure you don’t cook your engine , then the sender placement I’ve chosen isn’t ideal - if the thermostat fails ‘shut’ AND the engine subsequently overheats you wouldnt know (as the Stack gauge wouldnt be reading a high temperature).

If you’re using it to just monitor temperature during ‘regular’ driving (i.e. for interest/fun), then I feel I am insulated against the above scenario by virtue of the factory temperature gauge still being present and connected; I would be notified of an overheating engine through the factory fitted temperature gauge.

:slight_smile:

The Stack guages look great - I’ve thought about adding something similar to my NBFL.

As a suggestion - could you use the factory temp guage sender for Stack engine temp guage? Ideally in conjunction duplicating the same feed to the dash temp guage.