Starting to wrap my nc

Decided not to go yellow in the end, started a gulf style livery.

10 Likes

That is amazing! I was tempted after following Yiannimise but I would probably do something silly like mirror effect. Can’t wait to see your end result.

Ant

1 Like

I’ve done a few little bits of wrapping but nothing that big. Respect!

1 Like

Wow! That’s a big step up from the camo stickers! :+1: how are you finding wrapping? I ‘paid’ for my previous NC wrap, good that it was, it’s not an inexpensive job. Not something I’d want to tackle myself TBH, so well done for taking the job on :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Took the bumper off to do this weekend. Rust proofing the crash bar etc whilst it’s off.

4 Likes

Exciting.

2 Likes

looks good - is that generic e-bay wrap or something specific?

whenever i try shapes like that it goes thin and kinda see thru as i stretch it into the recesses

When I had mine done

All the recessed areas had a strip put in on the actual recess then the main body of the wrap overlaid this strip. Amazing and very very hard to see how it was done? This avoided over stretching the vinyl itself. It was a very good premium Avery Denison wrap though.

Barrie

4 Likes

Hi. Cheap and cheerful wrap KPMF is the brand uk/us company. ÂŁ200 for the wrap and heat gun.

It’s not great, up close. But it’s my first real play. I’ll get it all done then later in the year might redo a couple of panels.

I’m learning as I go along.

As above the rear bumper for instance infilled the number plate bit first then went over it again.

It’s not a show car, it’s just a fun car and the red was all faded in places, so it’s more just me playing :slight_smile:

If you stared at it up close In detail , you’d go ohh that bit is a bit ■■■■, that area is not bad etc… but, for a first effort I’m over the moon so far.

2 Likes

its certainly easier than it looks…a wee pic of some carbon wraps on my bike that i also had to do with “insert patches” in certain places. I have done some PPF as well and using pre-cut kits is ok. But this big intricate panels…

I fancy a carbon rood wrap on mine, but dunno if i could manage

looking forward to seeing yours finished

1 Like

Did a wing after work today.

Hopefully I can do the other wing one evening this week, and then the rear bumper can also go back on.

6 Likes

Other rear wing done.

Online workshop guides are wonderful showing how to remove parts, getting the aerial off was quite easy.

What’s left is the two doors. The fun bit will be removing the door handles and wing mirrors to do them.

The door handles in orange, cannot decide between orange or just black to match the windscreen surround for the wing mirrrors.

5 Likes

i’d say black mirrors

Coming along great! I’d go orange on the mirrors and handles to continue the theme? Just an opinion and it’s your car at the end of the day :+1: it takes some big kahuna’s to take on a job this size (stuff like this can be quite daunting) so again, well done. You’re on the home stretch now! The door handle cups were one of the areas on mine that were wrapped with a separate piece? Avoided over stretching of the material.

Barrie

2 Likes

Quick bit of interior work tonight.

1 Like

Nothing that a hoover wouldn’t fix🤣

1 Like

Hi.

Phewwwwww. Could be a lot better and I’d expect better if I paid someone £1,000 plus, my £225 diy job is better then the dodgy true red that was fading and had been touched up.

9 Likes

I tell you what, I think you’ve done a great job there! And for the cost, what’s not to like? The door handles and mirrors, both not an easy thing to wrap I reckon, look great! Obviously a lot of work gone in to this, so well done for a job well done! :nerd_face::+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Agreed, that looks great. More skill than me doing it that’s for sure. Mine looked like a wet shower curtain when it gets stuck to the back of your leg & that was only the glovebox lid!!!

3 Likes