Steering wheel not straight after installing new MOMO wheel

1. My model of MX-5 is: __1997 1.6 90Hp NA
  2. I’m based near: __Glasgow
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ Why my steering wheel isn’t straight after installing a new MOMO wheel.

Anyone had the same issue?

I removed my old stock rubber steering wheel this evening. I made sure the wheels were perfectly straight before removing the wheel.

I followed the MOMO hub install/wheel instructions to the letter and once it was on its noticeably just off centre.

I can’t remember if my old wheel was slightly off as well and the smaller MOMO has exaggerated it.

I’ve booked my car in for an alignment tomorrow so I’m hoping this will sort it.

Your probably just a spline or 2 out on the steering column when you put the new steering hub on.

This is what I thought. I moved it a couple of times and it’s made no difference. It’s very frustrating. I don’t know how many youtube videos I’ve watched covering the install and I seem to be the only one with a crooked steering wheel after the install :smiley:

The momo boss top indicator is perfectly positioned as well. I’ll see what the alignment brings on Wednesday.

Wheel alignment has sorted my issue. :grin:

Although kwik fit (i know, I know) said it was unable to sort the rear setup

So that still needs doing

2 Likes