Steering wheel replacement

I thought this would be a more appropriate category than steering due to the airbag fitment.

Hi, I’ve got a 2001 NB with the horrible 4-spoke rubber steering wheel and I’ve seen plenty of nice 3-spoke Mazda/ Nardi Torino steering wheels on eBay from the NBFL I think and was wondering if anyone had any experience of doing this swap or whether it would actually work or whether it’s just not possible like if the spindles are different.

Hi, I’ve swapped a knackered rubbery NB 4 spoke with a nice leather 3 spoke (also from an NB not NBFL) and that was a nice easy straight swap.Cheers

Think the NB wheel has the Nardi badge whereas the NBFL wheel has the Mazda badge as part of the interior facelift, but stand to be corrected.
Kev

That’s great thanks guys :+1:

There is a breaker selling lots of NB parts - they appear to have lots of wheels for around £50 or so. I have two NBFLs one with the big wheel and the big wheel is fairly horrible and swapping it will make a huge difference to the car’s feel.

No association with them:

Strangely, I also have a Mazda/ Nardi Torino steering wheel removed from my NBFL sat in my garage. If you’re local (NG23) and are interested I’d sell it cheaply as I donlt like having the airbag on a shelf. You’d need to pick up as the airbag is an explosive and banned from the post (if declared, so I won’t post).

Okay that’s great I’ll have look at them thanks. Unfortunately I’m in Liverpool so I wouldn’t be able to but thanks for the offer.

No prob - only mentioned in case you’re local :+1: