Stock NBFL seats on low fixed brackets?

Hi everyone I’m new here and have owned my NBFL for almost a year now. After installing the GCR2 my seating position was compromised more than I thought. Since I’m 6 feet tall it was already a snug fit but now, even after performing a foamectomy, there is the risk of banging my head against the rollbar.

If there was a way that I could get the stock NBFL off the sliders and just an inch or preferably 2 lower that would probably fix my whole issue.

Only problem is I’m only finding brackets for bucket seats. After researching a lot of bucket seats I’m not convinced that they are the solution. Especially not since the headsrest mostly seems to be lower compare to the NBFL seats.

So long story short my question is, is there anyone here that has gotten the stock seats, as a whole, lower or knows how to do it?

Thanks in advance

This is why I do not have a roll bar, luckily because I run unmodified I do not need one for MUK events.

When I looked into it I came to the conclusion the only fix to being 6’ 1’’ and running a roll bar was to do away with the seat and runners and replace them with foam glued to the floor, bulkhead and a fabricated headrest welded and bolted in to the parcel shelf.

That all seemed to impractical so I just dropped the idea of the roll bar, no regrets.

I understand what you mean but I have seen some videos of MX5’s flipping. While the chances are very slim I don’t want to take any risks. Certainly not since my 4 year old also goes cruising with me and I really don’t want to risk his life.

So anyways the rollbar is in so I won’t be removing it, like I said the seat itself an inch or maybe 2 lower would be perfect.

Look harder

Anything for a NA can be applied to the NB.

Thanks for posting some topics in here. Seems that you always need to remove things from the car itself which is something I don’t want and also I live k. Belgium are too (same as the other guys topic) so unfortunately we are pretty limited to what we can do.

If there are no ‘easy’ fixes that just bolt into the seat and onto a fixation without rails I think the only option will be a bucket seat and hope for the best outcome.

I’m 6’2and had a similar issue in that I needed to get lower than my GCF2 roll bar with a helmet on. I ended up fitting Tillett B6 Screamers. My brother is 6’4 and also drives the car OK.

One possible issue is many bucket seats seats don’t work well (in my opinion anyway) with the standard lap bets so you’ll possibly/probably need to install a harness of some sort.

The other issue is the passenger side seat tends to be set further back due to the electronics in the passenger footwell, so the space on the passenger side is not as much.

My cars is a 2003 NBFL.

1 Like

Thanks mate do you have any other angles? And are they comfy or very hard?

A few more pics below - the seats are fairly hard and I use some ‘pads’ on them, shown in the top and bottom pictures. TBH after about two hours I want a break, so they’re not idea touring seats. I think the carbon Tilletts are slightly less stiff so more comfortable. I think there will be similar but less hard seats available that’d get you the room you want. You’re a bit limited in seat choice as the cabin room is so small. I use a HANS on track so the very stiff seats are perfect.

Thanks for posting more pictures. I never would use mine as a touring car. It’s used as a daily to go to work and occasionally in the weekend if we’re not driving with the family car.

It looks very good and I will keep them in mind for sure. At the moment I’m tempted to buy a more adorable seat like the Momo Starts or an M2 GTR but I need to do some more research hehe.