Strange alarm behaviour

I’ve had my Sport Tech for about three months, and on a couple of occasions (literally, twice in that time) when I’ve locked the doors, what sounds like a rather quiet alarm has gone off for about twenty seconds accompanied by flashing indicators. I can’t believe it’s the actual alarm - more like a series of loud-ish beeps. When it’s happened, I’ve tried unlocking the car, opening and closing the door again and locking. Tonight, it happened again, so this time I started the engine, then switched off, exited and locked - no more problems. 

Has anyone else experienced this? As I said, I’d have thought the beeping is far too quiet to be the actual alarm. Thanks for any advice. It’s not a major issue, but it obviously isn’t meant to happen.

I’m having the same problem with mine, I have a 2010 NC and my alarm goes off for no reason, I think its the alarm and its just a really quiet one, I can listen to it outside my house for 10 mins thinking it a neighbour until I realise its mine. 

Very annoying but I have got a button on my key which turns off the sensor in the car -have to use it a lot!

Mine did this once. Now paranoid that it will always go off, i just disable the interior sensor.

Did you leave a wifi enabled device (phone etc) in the car? if so that sets off the internal sensor, found this out when I installed a tablet in the car (mk3), if I leave it on standby it sets off the alarm randomly, I have to shut it off to set the alarm.

Hope this helps, Tyrone.

That’s my experience Tyrone , it only happens when I leave the phone in the car which is always WiFi and Bluetooth enabled.

Tyrone - in a word, Yes! I didn’t see how there could possibly be a connection between the two. Thanks so much - to you, and for all responses here. L

Glad I could help.

Tyrone.

I didn’t

Mine does it without fail. Learnt the hard way mine went off in a public car park.

Mainly down to at a guess majority of wifi devices using 2.4ghz which if memory serves is also roughly the same as the alarm one.

Hi, I have a 2013 Venture and it’s doing the same thing, the alarm goes off.
Well I think it’s the alarm it’s more like a loud beeping sound, no horn and I don’t think the hazard lights flash either. My question is, if after I lock the doors I press the bottom right button on the key fob will it disable the alarm, or will that button only work after the alarm has gone off ?
I wouldn’t mind completely removing the alarm as everyone ignores them anyway !
thanks for your advice !

Mike

Find the full manual here

That’s great, thanks very much!

Hi,
because I don’t use my car for longish periods the battery can go flat. I tried fitting an isolator but then then ECU goes wrong and the internal blower fan stopped working! and needed an ECU reset. So to get round this I ran a long cable down the garden from a battery charger on a timer so for a few minutes a day it charges the battery. The good news is this all works great, the bad news is that randomly maybe once every few days when either on or off charge (as the cable is always connected) the strange bleeping alarm goes off , without hazard flashers. I tried disabling the alarm when locking the doors but that doesn’t help. I guess the long cable is picking up or introducing some electrical noise and setting the bleeper off
I would really like to remove that pesky bleeper now anyone know where it is ?!
thanks

oh just removed the cable completely and the annoying bleep still going off, guess I will have to remove the battery now too, if it goes off again what do I next ?!?