Strut brace for a Mk3?

Morning all!

I’m contemplating buying a strut brace for my MK3… I’ll be honest… I’m a bit of a magpie so as much as I know there are handling gains, I want to it tart my engine bay up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m thinking about this one from Ebay but I’m unfamiliar with Barbarian Racing…

What do we think? Any better options for similar money?

Have a look-see here https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/chassis-braces-c-378_113_372.html

The cheapest one is £160 though, and I’ll need the spacer/brace bar thing too, so -/+£200 all in…

Hi Chris, I had the ILMotorsport 3 point brace on the previous NC, really loved it! As you said though, if its not had one before, you need the rear mounting plate. The one you have mentioned, is just across the struts but would brighten things up a bit :grinning: the rear plate mounts do pop up on ebay but are still around the £30+ price range, pushing cost up. There is the option of the OEM brace, could be painted to match the car? They also appear now and again bit no idea of price on that one.
Barrie

Here you go

Barrie

On another car forum that I used to frequent, a number of members were very surprised at the significant additional premium required by their insurers for adding a strut brace. There was much speculation as to the reason for this (Are people who add a strut brace more likely to be involved in an accident? Do they have bigger accidents? Does a strut brace transmit impact damage more widely through the car?) but it might be worth checking with your insurers before buying/fitting one.