Sunday 2nd April - Max’s secret drive and lunch

Hi all,

I will be running a drive and lunch on Sunday the 2nd April.

Start point will be Morrisons Horndean (Lakesmere Rd, Waterlooville PO8 9FB) meeting for 10:30 with departure at 11am. There are loos and a cafe on site.

We will then take a leisurely drive across country - that is so secret even I don’t know exactly where I’m going yet - before ending up at the Rising Sun in Milland for lunch - Iping Road, Milland, West Sussex GU30 7NA

I have provisionally booked a table for 12 people at 14:00 as this was the earliest they could fit in a large group and can increase this number as needs be

Would be great to have you all there

Many thanks
Max

Names confirmed so far
Max and Esther
Colin
Ron and Angela
Tug and Clare
Greg and Margaret
Sandra and Kevin
Bob and Val

Hi Max
Could you book me in please.
Thanks, Colin.

2 Likes

Hi Max,

Yes, Angela and I are up for this, please put us on the list.:+1:

Cheers,

Ron & Angela

2 Likes

Fantastic, well done to Max & Esther for running with this one. Sorry that Serena and I won’t be joining you all but we hope you all have a fabulous time and we look forward to seeing the photos👍

Mal & Serena

2 Likes

Hi Max.
I can confirm we will be along for this one.
See you on Sunday.

Richard and Clare

1 Like

Thanks for running this Max. Margaret & I would like to join in. Would you include us, please?

1 Like

Thanks for the replies thus far.

Esther and I did a trip out to the pub tonight to check the route and we are pleased to say the food at the pub is top notch (one of the best pub burgers I’ve had in a long time).

Max

1 Like

Hi Max
Kevin and I would like to come along please, if it’s not too late.
Thank you
Sandra

1 Like

Of course! I’ll add you to the list
Max

1 Like

Hi Max please include Val and I for the drive and lunch. Sorry for lateness but we were not sure if we could make as we are moving on the 6/4/23
Regards
Bob

1 Like

No worries I’ll add you on to the list - glad you can make it!
Max

Thank you Max and Esther for arranging such a lovely drive. It was great! The pub food was delicious too :yum:

1 Like

Hi Max & Esther,

Thanks for the magical mystery tour, really enjoyed it, a great run through some superb, never-before-visited Hampshire countryside, a deeelicious meal at The Rising Sun at Milland, and good company from fellow MX5ers’:grinning:!

And all done without any route instructions (I still think you were making it up as we went along😂).

Cheers,

Ron & Angela

1 Like

Thanks all for coming - was good to see the event be a success.

@RonAngie there was more planning involved than you think, but there might have been a little bit of guesswork and oooh what happens if we go left here involved! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Absolutely delighted to see this drive went well and that the venue was also excellent. Well done to Max for taking the lead on this one.

From the responses on here, it sounds as though everyone that came along enjoyed it and also the food on offer at The Rising Sun, Milland​:+1::+1::+1:

Mal