Sunday 9th January 2022 - A drive from Stockbridge to The Bear & Ragged Staff, nr Romsey

Nice drive, great weather, amusing moments, good to give the '5 a run out.

Thanks for organising, look forward to the next one.

Hi. I had hoped to join this (my first) but it wasn’t to be so.
Quick question. How do you all stay together?

Hi Lewigie,

Sorry you did not make it this time but hopefully next time🤞

Good question and normally our drives are between 10 and 15 cars but on his occasion we had 9 cars, so fairly easy to manage.

Basically, the lead car and rearguard car have walkie talkies and therefore the rearguard car can alert the lead car of any delays etc. Also, we always say yo members to always keep the car behind them in their rear view mirror, this way the convoy regulates to the speed of the slowest car😉

On a couple of occasions we have had over 20 cars and then we just simply split the group into two and set if at a 5 min interval, so as not to cause an issue to other road users, ie waiting for us all to clear a junction.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mal

3 Likes

We had a couple of drivers who wanted to get past, a Skoda driver who was clearly late for something :stuck_out_tongue: and a boy racer who I would imagine had a big smile on his face as he shot past pretty much all of us on a long straight after we slowed down for him :+1:

Hi Grumpy Badger, yes. That Skoda as a pain and clearly in a hurry and as for the other guy, what an absolute nutter overtaking at the point he did…“they walk amongst us” :roll_eyes:

That Skoda was mad. Must be a Skoda owners thing eh Mal?

Only the little Pocket Rocket, Boy Racer, versions Max :grinning:

1 Like

I don’t think he was mad I think he was furious :rage: :rofl:

:+1: :joy: :joy: :joy: