Superpro bushes on a track prepared Mk3

1. My model of MX-5 is: Mk3
  2. I’m based near: Leeds
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Superpro bush kit experience

Has anyone else fitted a Superpro bush kit on their Mk3? One of the things we really wanted to do with our Mk3 (as co-owners) was produce a car that as close as possible to optimal in the handling department but still retain an essentially standard powertrain.

On a previous totally standard Mk3, other than in respect of some Yellow Speed coilovers, we managed to achieve whar we felt was a very respectable lap time at Cadwell Park in 1min 42, but once we’d fitted the SuperPro bushes, this time with KW coilovers, we got in to the 1min 39s. And that a big difference!! Ok, so the current car is a bit more powerful than standard (175bhp on the rollers a few weeks ago) and 50 or so kgs lighter, but our analysis (using Racelogic’s Vbox setup), shows some really useful gains in the corners. Incidentally, the same tyres were used on both cars.

I’m not suggesting that anything like the full 3 seconds improvement was purely down to the SuperPro bushes, but they almost certainly contributed a fair chunk.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

If the previous bushes were very worn then new better ones could make 3 seconds difference considering everything they do in terms of keeping the tyres at the correct angles etc.