Surprisingly good budget tyre!

1. My model of MX-5 is: __nc2
  2. I’m based near: __grantham

just thought id let people know ive come across a surprisingly good buget tyre from ats!
they cost me 75 per tyre fpr 2 fitted its their own TIGER brand and ive got them on the back they are (right now while new) just as good grip wise than the previos top of the range bridgestones i had on there!

A Surprise to be sure! but a welcome one!

The “Tigar” brand is owned by Michelin (Google) so pretty confident they will make sure they are fit for purpose.:+1:
PS- you are not the first to find out how appalling the Bridgestone tyres are! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I’m binning the Bridgestones next year.

the bridgestones gave me HALF the milage that the michelin psport4 did!
same performance but half the miles for basically the same price.

ATS is also owned by Michelin. So you’d expect this and also hope that it would result in good deals.

I’m binning the aged nasty Bridgestones TOMORROW with expert help from NickD.

While they might LOOK OK with lots of tread after only 11k miles, they are nine years old…

And the 25AE will be almost tiptoeing to Northampton!

The steering wheel was blocking my view of the DSC light at first. But now having adjusted seat and wheel etc for optimum comfort I have an easier view of it randomly twinkling for no apparent reason! It is not the right place for an Xmas decoration.

3 Likes

We learn something every day.:+1:

I had Tigars on my Alfa Romeo 147. They were ok, very very noisy. Serbian brand, owned, as stated, by Michelin. That doesn’t make them Michelins though. Note the spelling; not Tigers.

I got 7000 miles out of them.

Most comedic named tyres I had were Kin Forest that came on the Jag. I replaced them with Radar Di(e) Max, which at least don’t aquaplane at 70.

What are the replacements going to be? Nick fitted me some 215’s PS71 a couple of months ago.:+1:

215 45 Conti Premium Contact 6.
I was already looking at these, and NickD suggested them in our discussion before I prompted him, so I’m happy.

2 Likes

Avons are quite good, mid price tyre. I have them on my Ford, might try the ‘Tigers’ out though on my MX.

I have Avon ZV7’s on my 5 as we speak… Very good tyres I will say… I’d definitely buy them again.
Another I found good tyre which I used on my previous car were Rotalla RU01 tyres… :+1:

No you won’t. Cooper are shutting down the last Avon tyre factory by the end of the year.

i had bridgestone potenzas on my fiesta st they were shocking as soon as the weather got cold ive swapped them all to michelin pilot sport 5’s and the difference is like night and day
my mx5 has uniroyal rainsport 5s on it they are just as good as the ps5 sadly not avaliable in the st’s size which is a shame as they were half the price of the ps5

Uniroyal Rain tyres are signt to behold! very nice tyre, given I live in South Wales, in the land of Drizzel! they served me really well for carting up and down the M4, they are quite expensive though…