Sussex Downs - Beaulieu Motor Museum Visit - 17 September 2017

Date : Sunday 17 September 2017

NB: The following is a revision to the first posting as interest has grown.
We are now meeting up with cars from Solent & South Central Areas at Rownhams

Event : MX-5 Show and Shine at Beaulieu Motor Museum, New Forest,Hampshire,SO42 7ZN

Meeting Places : Ashington Services on the A24 (Postcode RH20 3AT) (GPS : N50.937962 W0.387502)

Timings :

07:45hrs : Arrivals at Ashington Services - (M&S Outlet/ Toilets/ Wild Bean Coffee Shop/ Fuel)

08:00hrs : Depart Ashington Services & drive 57 miles (1hr 15 mins) via Storrington/ Amberley/ Fontwell & M27 to Rownhams Services on the M27

09:15hrs : Arrive Rownhams Services M27.[Postcode SO16 8AP] [GPS : N50.956342 W1.4493853] and meet up with Solent and South Central Cars.

We will aim to park at the top of the Car Park at Rownham Services in the hope that there will be enough space so we can park together- otherwise it will be tricky locating everyone.

09:45hrs :Depart Rownhams Services and drive 16 miles (about 35 minutes) to Beaulieu Motor Museum. 

10:20hrs : Arrive at Beaulieu Motor Museum. The gates open at 1000hrs so we should arrive just after the intial rush.

Route : https://goo.gl/maps/Mux4FfR7h292

Description of the Day  : Beaulieu are holding a Mazda MX-5 Show and Shine event with a Special entry price of £13 per person for anyone coming with a Miata 

or MX-5s at this MX-5 Show and Shine Event. Standard admission fee applies for all other visitors.

TicketsCan be purchased in advance online at £13 per person or on arrivalbut you might have to queue etc 

A £1 handling charge per order applies when purchased by telephone.
Ticket price will include admission to all the Beaulieu attractions including;
The National Motor Museum, World of Top Gear, Palace House, Beaulieu Abbey and more.

Parking together : We will all need to arrive together so we can Park together, otherwise the are unable to reserve adjacent spaces for later arrivals.

For further info :Beaulieu Motor Museum Website = https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/mx-5-show-and-shine/

Updates : Please make sure you check for any updates to this Event via the SE Area of the Forum :
http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?g=topics&f=174

Please let me know if you are coming to this Event, either by replying on the forum posting or text message

Many thanks

Paul Cleaver Sussex Downs Area Co-Ordinator

Text : 07789 256652

Email : paul.cleaver.mx5oc@gmail.com

As at 15 Sept 2017 the following people are attending :-

Meeting at Ashington Services :-

Paul & Jenny       

Alan & Barbara    

Graham & Jill       

Richard & Hilary

Michael & Yvonne

Dean Alder (en route as we pass through Amberley at the Castle Drive entrance) 

Meeting at Rownhams Services  :-

John & Patricia

Colin

Steve & Dee 

Mal Rowland

Anthony Cronin

Colin & Sally

Miles & June

Mark Anderson

Andres

Dono & Zac

Darren

Dave & Linda

Chris Buckle + 1 (2 x Cars)

Nick & Hilary

Yes please Paul, John & Patricia, perhaps we could meet you on the way…

Hi John and Patricia
Many thanks and I have added you to the list above.

I have also tweaked the route to include a short stop off at McDonalds at Totton (see above).
We can meet up there with any other Solent Members who would like to join us.
I have put the event on the new website Events section and it will show in the Solent Calendar of Events too, as and when the new website is eventually launched.
kind regards
Paul

Hi Paul

I’d like to join you for this event and I’ll meet you at Totton.

Colin

Hi Colin
Many thanks and I have added you to the list above.
Kind regards
Paul

9 August

Hi folks

Just to confirm the event details at the top of this thread have changed to move the en route meeting place to Rownhams Services on the M27 and a slightly later departure time from there.

We are now meeting  up with cars from the Solent and South Central areas and the Car Park at Totton McD’s would not be big enough.

kind regards

Paul

I’ll meet you at rownhams services at 9:15. 

Andres

and also another mk1 with Darren.

Hello Andres and Darren,

Thanks for letting me know.

I have added you both to the list in the main info at the top of this thread.

I will aim to park the group coming with me from West Sussex at the top of the Car Park at Rownhams, which will hopefully have fewer cars, so we can find each other!

See you at Rownhams Services!

Kind regards

Paul

HI Paul
myself and the Grandson will watch out for you at fontwell

kind regards Andy & Maxwell

Hi Andy and Maxwell

Tag on to the Group if you are joining us for the run down the A27!

Will look out for you at Fontwell en route.

kind regards

Paul

Hi folks

I took a few photos and here they are in a google photo album.

Click on the 3 dots (top right of the album) and there is a download option, if you want any or all of these photos :- 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/M4HnePJru0GVsyem1

And another album kindly sent for sharing is here :-

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoMV72tM56bNjypPCyvwIXzDpTiz

With regards

Paul

Moved from current events page