Sussex Downs - Borde Hill Visit 13 Aug 2017

Date :              Sunday 13th August 2017
Event :             Visit to Borde Hill Gardens Near Haywards Heath. Post code: RH16 1XP
Meeting Place :  Ashington Services on the A24 (Postcode RH20 3AT) (GPS : N50.937962 W0.387502)

Timings
Arrive at Ashington Services from 11:00hrs. Wild Bean Coffee Shop + Mark & Spencers Outlet + toilets.
Depart approx. 11:30hrs for a 30 Minute drive to Borde Hill Gardens, RH16 1XP)
Borde Hill is 1½ miles north of Haywards Heath, 20 minutes North of Brighton, or South of Gatwick on the A23 taking exit 10a via Balcombe

Website for further information
http://www.bordehill.co.uk/

Entry Costs :(Excluding Gift Aid in Brackets)
Adults £9.02 [£8.20];
Concessions * £8.58 [£7.80]
Carers – Free
*Concession rates apply to visitors with a disability, students with ID and 60+ claiming a pension

Description of the Day
Visit the Gardens: Bring a Picnic (or lunch in their Vintage Tea Rooms).
Relax with a picnic whilst being serenaded to music (1- 3pm) from a local musical act.
Porsche Owners Club Car Display to view.

Mobility Access
The majority of the formal Garden is accessible to those with restricted mobility.
Gentle slopes with hard surfaces allow wheelchair access.
There are also plenty of benches for relaxing and taking in the sights.
A mobility map is available for those who may be disabled, have child buggies or other mobility needs.
Wheelchairs available for use (no charge, please telephone to reserve).
Disabled car parking situated in front of the Garden entrance.

Dogs.
On leads are welcome.

Food & Refreshments.
Bring a picnic or have lunch in the Little Ritz Vintage Tea Rooms.

Return Drive from venue
Nothing planned for the return drive.

Please let me know if you are coming to this Event, either by email ( prefer)
or replying on the forum posting or text message

Many thanks

Paul Cleaver

Sussex Downs Area Co-Ordinator

Text : 07789 256652

Email : paul.cleaver.mx5oc@gmail.com

As at  7 August the following people are attending & Meeting at the following location ( TBA = To Be Advised):-

Paul & Jenny     - Meeting at Ashington Services

Jon & Belinda    - Meeting at Ashington Services

Alan & Barbara  - Meeting at Ashington Services

Miles & June      - Meeting at Ashington Services

Martin & Nicky   - Meeting at Ashington Services

Paul & Barbara   - Meeting at Ashington Services

Pat and Gerry     - Meeting at Ashington Services

Alan & Pauline    - Meeting at Ashington Services

Keith & Jo          - Meeting at Borde Hill Gardens

John & Patricia  -  Meeting at Borde Hill Gardens

John & Lesley    - Meeting at Borde Hill Gardens

Colin & Sally     -  Meeting at Borde Hill Gardens

Ania                  - Meeting at Borde Hill Gardens

Hi folks

I have updated the list of who is coming and where they are planning on joining the group, following on from the pub meet on Saturday.

Let me know if there are any alterations or amendments

kind regards

Paul

Hi folks

Just to let anyone going direct to Borde Hill that I have arranged our own dedicated car parking in the coach parking area.

Karen the Executive Manager has offered the use of our coach parking area so we have a dedicated car parking space, which will cone off ready for your arrival. 

If the gate is closed (it should be open for the Horse Trials) access code for this area is 1133 and then press ENTER.

See you at Borde Hill and hoping for good weather!

Kind regards

Paul

The ‘Wheelers’ will be there approx 11:45, and Mrs Wheeler has indicated that 2 birthday cakes will also be available…YES Paul you have timed it well again this year, you must have enjoyed them in 2016 at Harold Hillier gardens…once more it’s my birthday on the following Thursday!
regards
John & Patricia

Hi John & Pat,

We’re looking forward to joining you for your celebrations - let’s just hope the sun comes out for the birthday boy!

See you on Sunday.

Best regards,

Sally & Colin

Thanks Paul and Jenny for an excellent day out.  What an amazing turnout and what a really lovely day.

A ‘BIG’ thank you to Paul & Jenny for arranging a great day out…and of course a ‘VERY BIG’ thank you to ALL of the Members who arranged for the Band to play happy birthday, did not know you all had such good singing voices…‘THANK’ you all, Patricia and Me were very touched by the warm welcome when we arrived…
Ps: I have emailed Paul and Jenny the group photo…
regards from Paticia and me (John)

Hi John and Pat

Thank you for the group photo and the cake - picnic lunch and then a bit of a birthday party too!

Here is a link to the Google photos album with my snaps included and the group photos you kindly took too:-

https://goo.gl/photos/2kqbej76dgLavrGd9

Kind regards

Paul

Post moved from Current events listing