Sussex Downs - Spectating at Gurston Down Hill Climb. 23 July

Date : Sunday 23 July 2017

Event : New Forest Drive + Spectating at Gurston Down Hill Climb.

Meeting Places  :Ashington Services on the A24 (Postcode RH20 3AT) (GPS : N50.937962 W0.387502)  or  Rownhams Services M27.[Postcode SO16 8AP] [GPS : N50.956342 W1.4493853] or at Gurston. 

Timings : (subject to traffic etc) 

09:15hrs Arrivals at Ashington Services ( Fuel/Toilets/ Wild Bean Coffee shop/ M&S Food Outlet)                                                                                                                             09:45hrs Depart Ashington Services. Drive 56 miles via Storrington/ Whiteways/ Fontwell and A27/M27 to Rownhams Services on M27.                                                                   11:00hrs Arrive at Rownhams Services M27 for a 30 minute comfort break and to meet up with others joining the group there.

11:30hrs Depart Rownhams Services. Drive via Fordingbridge & New Forest to Gurston Hill Climb Court 

12:45hrs Arrive a Gurston Hill Climb, High Lane, Broad Chalke, Salisbury. SP5 5HR [GPS: N51.028557 W1.9652672] 

16:30hrs Optional return drive via Salisbury ; Stockbridge; round Winchester to Petersfield.

18: 00hrs Arrive at Red Lion (Weatherspoons) 3, College Street, Petersfield. Hampshire GU31 4AE [GPS :N51.004141 W0.94085]  (NB - If Weatherspoons CP is busy park round the corner in the Fesitival Hall CP. 

Further info.  Gurston Hill Climb : http://www.gurstondown.org   We are taking a picnic to eat by the car before spectating or there is a catering/ burger or hot dog cabin on site. 

Route Maps :  Sent with by email to attendees on 17 July. 

Return Drive home : Return is either depart from Gurston at your own pace and make your own way home from there

or : Join me & Jenny and leave about 4.30pm & drive 55 miles drive (about 1 1/2hrs) to Petersfield via Salisbury & Stockbridge (GPS: N51.004141 W0.94085). NB : Enter Stockbridge as a Way point in your Sat Nav

Meal at Weatherspoons Red Lion, Peterfield. Red Lion (Weatherspoons) 3, College Street, Petersfield. Hampshire GU31 4AE . NB: Car Parking charges end at 1800hrs - so if you arrive early you will have to pay £1 for the hour.

Depart Petersfield and make your own way home from there 

Costs : I have’nt seen the published ticket price on the Gurston Website, but it should be about  £10/ £11 per person payable in cash at the gate on arrival. They probably wont take card payments.

Who is coming & where we are meeting :-

Meeting at Ashington for 0945hrs departure :

Paul & Jenny ; Alan & Barbara  ; Chris & Liz; Martin & Nicky ; Chris & Margaret; Laurence ; Miles & June; Lizzie & Kim ; Graham & Jill ; Keith & Jo; Richard & Hilary 

Meeting at Rownhams Services for 11:30hrs departure : 

Ade & Sue  ; Clive & Linda ; Chris & Heather ; John & Patricia

Meeting at Gurston from about 12:45hrs :  

Dave & Pat         

Hi folks

I have updated the list of who is coming and where they are planning on joining the group, following on from the pub meet on Saturday.

Let me know if there are any alterations or amendments

kind regards

Paul

Hi all

I have just emailed everyone who has told me they are coming on this Event with copies of the route maps and info. If anyone else is coming and not on the list above can you please email me so I can send you the route info.

Many thanks

Regards

Paul

Thank you Paul & Jenny for letting Patricia and Me join you and the fellow Sussex Downs Members, overall a great day out and nice to meet everyone, plus the weather was for a spell very kind to us all…

Forgot to mention that I have sent Paul a couple of group photos…

Thank you Paul and Jenny for a great day. Despite missing the New Forest due to navigational irregularities (I’ll take the can on that one ) and torrential rain at the beginning everything turned out fine (literally). All your hard work organising these events is greatly appreciated  

Archived from 2017 Events page