Sussex Downs trip to Newhaven Fort Sunday 24th March 2019

Meeting at Ashington Services from 9.15am for a 10.00am departure. 

An approx run of 40 miles over the Southdowns to Newhaven Fort, Fort Road, Newhaven BN9 9DS

Newhaven Fort is cloaked in Mystery which have been hidden for the last 150 years. Venture inside the extraordinary structure to discover the fascinating and surprising past which have protected the fort from attack through two world wars and has kept its rich heritage virtually untouched. 

Adults £7.95 without gift aid Seniors £6.25 without gift aid.  Group rates if more then 10 Adults £6.25 and Seniors £5.25. 

There is a tea room serving light lunches,  sandwiches and cakes. For group booking seating can be booked but numbers need to be confirmed. 

Chris and Heather

Jon and Belinda

Paul Cleaver

John and Patricia

Martin and Nicky. 

Val and Bob 

Yes please.  We would love to join you.

• Hello Chris,  Yes please from me too please and meeting up at Ashington Services. 
  • Kind regards
  • Paul

Hi Chris

Please put Nicky and I down for this one.

Martin

Hi Chris & Heather,
Please could you add Patricia & John, we will meet you at Ashington Services…

looking forward to this as have not been there in years

Val and Bob would be delighted to go the the Forts

Pauline and Alan are coming!

Hi Chris & heather,

Many thanks for the email showing the route and reduced entry fees, looks like a good turn out of members 12 cars… look forward to meeting up with you all

Patricia & John Wheeler

What a wonderful Day out with the Sussex Downs Area sunshine all the way with hoods down, Patricia and I, Bob and Val, must thank firstly Chris and Heather for arranging the event, and second to ALL the Sussex Downs Members who as always gave us four members of the Solent Area a very friendly and warm welcome. Newhaven Fort is so full of displays for us to mention including over 107 photos to show you all, so here are just the cars, members, views from the battlements, etc…did we do the 70 steps, only Patricia and I know…

Entrance to Newhaven Fort

The 12 Cars…so Ok some with their back to the camera

Members enjoying the sunshine…and refreshments

Views showing the Harbour

Newhaven Fort…internal Views

And the Million Dollar Question…Did We?

Hi John and Patricia

Thanks for the great photos and I think a great day was had by all and blessed with a good weather and magnificent views going over Ditching Beacon.

Thanks for a great day out.