Swapped my Triumph GtT6 for this new adventure

Hi all, Just purchased a 2018 RF , was due to collect tomorrow but some V5 issues with PO having a private plate has delayed things for a week. Looking forward to this adventure and the wider community.
First impressions of this site look so good. Really can’t wait to get cracking.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome along :+1:

Welcome wishing you many smiles per mile :+1: I guess it might be a bit easier to get in and out of an RF than a GT6 :thinking:

Welcome to The Club. Do go along to your local area events, I’m sure you’ll not regret doing so as it’s probably the most open and friendly sports car club. There’s a wealth of information and technical advice on the Forum so best of luck with your RF, enjoy.

Welcome to MX5 'ing…
Back in the day, my first car was a GT6, (2nd hand, as could not afford a TR6).
Many (many) years later a collegue at work turned up in one and offered me “a go”…and it was awful!! Makes you realise how much cars have come on…would not want to go back to anything ike that now!!

1 Like

Welcome to a great club, always liked the GT6

Welcome to the club. The GT6 was a favourite of mine back in the 70s. I settled for a Spitfire, not quite the same, but I was able to enjoy the pleasures of open top motoring. Good examples of the GT6 are fetching good money now. Time moves on and the ND will of course be light years ahead in terms of performance and handling, so overall a good move. Hope you enjoy many years of mx-5 motoring.

I swapped my 2004 “Arctic” for a GT6 !

3 Likes

Welcome - GT6 pictures, please :slight_smile: Then pictures of the RF when it arrives of course :wink:

1 Like

New and old…

5 Likes

Both nice, welcome along :+1: