Swiftly kicked out the kia

i never got on with the kia sportage so kicked it into touch and bought something a bit more FUN !!

out…

in…

5 Likes

We have the same Kia, the wife loves it but like you I just can’t get on with it. Thankfully I have the MX5 and recently bought myself a Skoda Kamiq Monte Carlo which I am very impressed with!

1 Like

bought this for half the money :sunglasses:

Looks very Sporty Geoff! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Bought a Kadjar GT line due to getting a dog and must admit love driving it, like the higher up relaxed stance,yeah it’s not the fastest or best handling thing I’ve owned but suits my more mature out looking of life these days.

1 Like

remind you of anything ???

Erm…um…a Suzzy?

1 Like

Bought a new swift sport in 2016, the best small car I have ever owned, never had a problem with it in 40,000 miles. A great fun drive and a cracking 1.6ltr engine.

2 Likes

Your Kia was wearing a moustache?
Indeed it had to go…

2 Likes

I had a MK1 version of these.
How do you find the Swift Sport compared to your MX-5.

Engine wise, the Mk1 Swift Sport engine was awesome.

Hi it’s very much like the mx5 ,
Plenty of revs to get the best out of it :red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car:
Just turned 30k Miles

2 Likes

Awesome.
I got my Mk1 at 48K miles and 7 years old and for the next 3 years and 13K miles it never missed a beat.
I traded it in when I got the MX5 ND. In hindsight I probably should have kept it as the dog’s car, but when my Mrs got her MINI Cooper Sport, the dog got ‘handed’ her NISMO Juke RS instead lol which is great for taking the dog out.
Nice cars though, the Swift Sport, and you’ve got a great duo there, with the '5.
They’ve ruined the Swift Sport now though. I waited in anticipation for it, and when it was shown I thought it was ugly as, plus they’ve now shafted a hybrid on it, made it heavier, made it a second slower to 60, and jacked up the price lol
No wonder you don’t see many of the new MkIII on the roads.

2 Likes

Those get good reviews. For what they are, crossovers and all, they always fair well in the reviews.
I’m trying to convince my Mrs for us to get a PUMA ST ‘for the dog’, which, as you can expect, is an idea that isn’t making much headway for some reason.

And the prices were nuts back then, too (in a good way). I mean, they were about £14K new out of the box!
Nuts price for a car like that, when the new MKIII is now a joke at nearly £10K more lol

£14K new for a Mk2 Swift Sport makes you seriously depressed at car prices 5 years on.

Had the swift 2 months,
Now sold it :red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car:
Paid 6500
Sold for 6735
So not bad :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

When I bought my new Swift Sport in 2016 it was £13,800 on the road it was the Nav version. In with the deal I got mats, mud flaps, tank of fuel and 2 years free servicing.

Excellent deal and an excellent car, its never had a problem in 5 years and 40,000 miles.

1 Like

What did you sell it for, you were only singing its virtues a week or so ago? £235 is neither here nor there. Did you get bored, in like 60 days?

Crazy compared to the price you’d have to pay for a new comparable car today

You don’t hold onto cars very long Bally, what next?

I have to “bond” with a car :red_car:
The previous sportage had all the bells :bell: n whistles too but I didn’t gel with that either :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

I really liked my Leon with heated leather and regret selling that ( just cos I had it 5 yrs :anguished::anguished:)

I never learn :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:having had 100+ cars :red_car: :red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car::red_car:

1 Like